Daily Url - Mar 20

webteam

Administrator
Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Autumn in Buenos Aires[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Geekr) Autumn in Buenos Aires is the time when cultural activities pick up and international acts visit the city. It is also the season to discover some of the city’s indoor attractions...

Smearing Bergoglio[Buenos Aires News]
It is fascinating to hear how the US media are blandly reporting the smear campaign against Jorge Bergoglio, or Pope Francis. This morning on an NPR news program, for example, I heard a smarmily...

Plan Cóndor: The Search for Justice[The Argentina Independent]
Emily Tarbuck analyses the 'Plan Cóndor' mega-trial, which will investigate the collaboration and exchange of information between right wing dictatorships in the Southern Cone the in 70s and 80s.

Top 5 Meditation Centres in Buenos Aires[The Argentina Independent]
Those who throw themselves into the porteño lifestyle will, after a while, probably be in dire need of some rest and relaxation. Lucky, then, that Laura Benitez has rounded up the best meditation...

Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Easter celebration: Stations of the Cross on Avenida de Mayo[BA Travel Guide]
The Buenos Aires Via Crucis (Stations of the Cross), organized by the Association of Friends of Avenida de Mayo will be held on Good Friday - March 29th, 2013, in celebration of the Holy Week.The...

Grete Stern at the MALBA[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by TheFutureIsUnwritten) The MALBA is showcasing a new exhibit until the 1st of July on the work of Grete Stern. The German/Argentine photographer began her prolific career in Berlin during...

Where Is The Most Affordable Real Estate In Argentina?[InvestBA]
New data out this week shed light on what are the most affordable real estate markets in Argentina beyond Buenos Aires (BBA). The nationwide survey from Reporte Inmobiliario focuses on the average...

Monday, 18 March 2013

Habemus Papam[Why on earth did I move to Argentina?]
Ok. This is of course a subject that can’t be missed. We have a new pope. He is Argentine. I am an immigrant in Argentina. So he is kind of ‘my pope’. Although I really didn’t see it like that at...

Argentina, Uruguay Among Region’s Most Wanted For Immigration[InvestBA]
Argentina and Uruguay rank among the Top 4 most popular destinations for inbound immigration to Latin America, according to a new report from the International Organization for Migration (IOM). While...

Buenos Aires Bicycle Rental Now Available to Tourists[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in LivingThe “Mejor en bici” service is now available to tourists in Buenos Aires as well as locals. Renting a bike is a great way to see Buenos Aires, but up until now the service was only...

Maese Warrior paints Jaguar mural in Parque Chas[BA Street Art]
Maese Warrior has painted a stunning new mural featuring a Jaguar and indigenous man on the front of a house in Parque Chas, Buenos Aires. Man and nature by Maese WarriorOriginal Post: Maese Warrior...

One of the most beautiful bookstores in the world[The Travel Chica]
When I first arrived, I immediately noticed the love for books in Buenos Aires.On public transportation,most people have a book to keep them occupied. When walking by parks, I always saw people...

Saturday, 16 March 2013

Fast Food Craze in BA![Buenos Aires Foodies]
It’s not secret that Argentine’s are huge fans of american fast food. We have about 2 McD’s per city block and Starbucks has spread like wildfire in the last few years. Joining the ranks as of 2013...

P.F. Chang’s Argentina Now Open[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in FoodSince I moved to Argentina in 2008, I’ve seen the opening of Starbucks, Subway, Wendy’s and most recently KFC. Well, you can now add P.F. Chang’s to the list of US-based franchises in...

Friday, 15 March 2013

St Patrick’s Day in Buenos Aires[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Sunfell) Buenos Aires is known for its party lifestyle and throughout the years it has incorporated more and more international festivities, including one of the most popular, St. Patrick’s...

Fish & Chips Come to Buenos Aires[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in FoodBritish expats rejoice! Buenos Aires’ first fish & chips restaurant, Chipper, has just opened in Palermo Hollywood. Chipper promises traditional fish and chips with a gourmet twist,...

Thursday, 14 March 2013

Maria Fedele | Homestyle Italian in San Telmo | The Lost Asian[The Lost Asian]
This is one of those once in a lifetime experience. There is not really a storefront. The inside just sits 6 tables, filled by old locals and families. Food is family-style for an unbelievably price...

Coming up: Buenos Aires Market[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by etté studios) Buenos Aires Market kicks off its 2013 edition this weekend at the 3 de Febrero Parks in Palermo. The market, which aims at promoting healthy lifestyle and organic products,...

Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Meat Cuts in Argentina[BuenosTours]
Before indulging in a juicy, Argentine steak, find out the Spanish names of meat cuts, how to order them and what condiments to put on your meal in meat heaven. A guide to Argentina's parrillas!

Ciudanza 2013[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Fábio_Martins) Starting this Thursday, three city parks will be displaying unique contemporary dance performances for the Ciudanza festival, which seeks to fuse dance with urban landscapes....

Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Organic Street Market in Palermo[BA Travel Guide]
The main producers of organic and healthy food in Argentina will gather again in a street market in Buenos Aires, on Saturday, March 16, and Sunday, March 17, 2013, from 10am to 7pm, with free access...

Recoleta 1343: Cape Town’s Closed Door Opens in Buenos Aires[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Review and Photos by Taryn Tilton When Michelle Raymond let us in to her apartment building, she was all smiles. We walked together down a long, …

Monday, 11 March 2013

Boca or River, the Beatles or the Stones, Dylan or Van Morrison? Malbec or Pinot Noir? The fundamental Questions of Life! Answered!![The 5th Floor]
Boca, obvio, an Englishman would feel silly mispronouncing “Reeever” at the top of his voice. It’s like Thames or “Taaames”. The Stones were from London, we drank in the same pubs and I spent a very...

Sunday, 10 March 2013

NailMe BAires: Not Your Average Manicure[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Article by Taryn Tilton. I met Kristin Gutekunst, founder of nail art studio NailMe BAires, at her near-empty apartment in Monserrat. She recently moved in …

Friday, 08 March 2013

5 Influential Argentine Women Artists[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Ignacio Sanz) Lola Mora was an innovative and prolific sculptor from Salta. She was the country’s first woman artist and she truly flourished in her field creating masterpieces such as the...

Thursday, 07 March 2013

Sans Parrillas: BA Steakhouses Closing At An Alarming Rate[InvestBA]
Buenos Aires parrillas, or steak restaurants, are quickly dropping from the dining landscape, while those parrillas that remain are finding it harder to turn a profit. “In The Land of Beef, There Are...

Wednesday, 06 March 2013

Glacier Perito Moreno[The Gill Family]
Our second day in El Calafate was spent getting up close and personal with the Perito Moreno Glacier. Again, we used Tiempo Libre to book and coordinate the tour, this one was called, fittingly,...

Cincuenta y uno: 25 de Mayo, astrology and my fascination with people[A Year-Long Conversation:]
It was the 25th of May, dia de la patria or Argentina's national day, 202 years ago on this day Argentina had created its first independent government after the May Revolution. A year ago on this day...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back