Daily Url - Mar 20

webteam

Administrator
Friday, 20 March 2015

Refined Tastes[The Argentina Independent]

Closed minds, struggles to be creative. In the affluent neighbourhood of Recoleta, cafe Lattente didn’t work: bad sublet, stoic residents, difficulties adapting to a new culture. Talk of months spent in court fighting to regain what had been lost straightens Zehan’s smile, attention drifts towards a cloudless sky ...

Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Pantalla Pinamar Film Festival 2015[The Real Argentina]
Four years ago, I was bronzing myself on the sandy beach in the morning, attending embassy-organised cocktail luncheons in the afternoon while slyly earwigging film critics to help me decide what movie to watch later that evening. Ah, the glamorous world of cinema. Welcome to Pantalla Pinamar.

Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Organic and Healthy Food Market in Palermo - March 2015[BA Travel Guide]
The main producers of organic and healthy food in Argentina will gather again in a street market in Buenos Aires, on Saturday, March 21st and Sunday, March 22nd, 2015, from 10 am to 7 pm, with free access to the public. Visitors will have the opportunity to taste free samples and buy at a promotional prices natural foods and beverages ...

Sunday, 15 March 2015

Argentina's tech startups push forward despite the country's corruption ...[VentureBeat]
What the world knows about Argentina isn't pretty. The country has been in the news lately for most of the wrong reasons. It sees some of the worst levels of corruption at the top levels of the government, has high inflation, has defaulted on its ...

Friday, 13 March 2015

First jury in history of Buenos Aires, Argentina finds defendant 'Not Guilty'[Fox News Latino]
The first trial by jury in the history of Argentina's largest province has found a defendant, 30-year-old Guillermo Barros, not guilty of murder. The presiding judge's voice broke with emotion many times on Thursday, and some members of the 12 person ...

Thursday, 12 March 2015

Why Y Combinator Funded a Radical Political Party in Argentina[Fast Company]
Secondly, it happens to operate a political party in its home base of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Mancini's Partido de la Red—Net Party, in English—is a wild experiment in direct democracy that seems to take inspiration from both Occupy Wall Street ...

Undercover BA: The Holy Grail of Vintage[The Argentina Independent]
For any vintage lover, Buenos Aires is a thrifters paradise. Unlike London, for example, where even the do-gooder octogenarian volunteers have cottoned on ...

A Foolproof Guide to Getting Around Buenos Aires[Buenos Aires 4U]
Buenos Aires is a big city, with exciting sights to explore in every corner. While walking is the best way to sightsee the citys attractions and architecture, at some point youre going to need some form of public transport. The city has an extensive public transport network which makes getting around Buenos Aires very easy. To help you out, read this foolproof guide to transport in Buenos Aires.

Wednesday, 25 February 2015

The Unbanked[Noruega en Argentina]
In the world of banking, finance and mobile services there is always talk of the unbanked, los no bancarizados. Basically, it means people who dont have a bank account and therefore dont operate within the formal financial system.They might work in the black, in the informal sector, and/or receive their wages in cash. Their transaction costs are always higher, because ...

Saturday, 07 March 2015

Screaming & Yelling: #EstoNoEsNoruega[Noruega en Argentina]
Last week I had two separate being-yelled-at incidents. Definitely not the way we get our frustration out in Norway; we are more of a passive-aggressive bunch.
Incident 1: I am working quietly at home one morning when there is a knock on the door. I ask who it is, and it is Maria Rosa, an older lady in the building. I open, not sure what to expect. I had heard from others that she could be a little aggressive, but had so far only exchanged hallway greetings with her. This turned out to be someth

Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Free concert next to Teatro Colon[BA Travel Guide]
On Saturday, March 14 2015, the Stable Orchestra of Teatro Colon will offer a free concert at Plaza del Vaticano (photo)located next to Teatro Colón, on Viamonte between Libertad Cerrito, at 8 pm.Conducted by Mario Perusso, the Orchestra will perform works by Verdi, Glazunov, Liszt, Offenbach, Piazzolla and Tchaikovski.Chairs for free use of the public will be installed.

Monday, 09 March 2015

The Argentine Centrifuge[The Argentina Independent]
The death of Alberto Nisman, the prequel of his lawsuit against the government, and the sequels of the investigation, the reform of the intelligence services, and the prosecutors march underscore, once again, the centrifugal and anti-cooperative dynamics of Argentine politics. The complete saga, of which we are yet to see ...

Sunday, 08 March 2015

Where's the beef? How Argentina humbled a once-mighty economy.[Christian Science Monitor]
A murder mystery in Argentina, a country that a century ago rivaled the US as the richest in the Americas, has spotlighted its political and economic missteps. This year's elections could offer an alternative path.Journalist who reported Nisman death sues Argentina-owned companiesJewish Telegraphic Agency Argentina and Finland, here and nowBuenos Aires Herald Why Would Iran be Involved

Saturday, 07 March 2015

The staggering beauty and scenery of Bariloche in Argentina[Daily Mail]
The staggering beauty and scenery of Bariloche in Argentina. South America is full of natural beauty. Here is the staggering beauty and scenery of Bariloche in Argentina. The staggering beauty and scenery of...

Friday, 06 March 2015

Shakira and Argentina's president among the 30 most influential on the ...[Fox News Latino]
Time Magazine's list of the most influential people on the world wide web is out, and two Latin-American powerhouses, both women, made the cut. Colombia's Shakira and Argentina's President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner are the only Latinos featured in...

Thursday, 05 March 2015

The Buenos Aires Helado Guide & Heatmap[The Real Argentina]
Oh for the love of sweet, creamy ice cream, Buenos Aires might be the most helado-rific city in the whole wide world.Welcome to year round summertime-wintertime-warm weather-cold weather bliss. Walk down just about any block in this crazy capital and ...

Wednesday, 04 March 2015

10 Photos That’ll Make You Fall In Love With Buenos Aires[Buenos Aires 4U]
Ask anyone whos been here, it is very easy to fall in love with Buenos Aires. Mi Buenos Aires querido (my beloved Buenos Aires), as Carlos Gardel so famously sang about it, enchants all who visit it. Some fall in love with the architecture, others with tango culture, and some fall under the spell of the Porteño Spanish ...

Monday, 02 March 2015

1M: Thousands Rally for President’s Last Speech to Congress[The Argentina Independent]
Thousands of government supporters gathered outside Congress on Sunday, as President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner gave her annual speech to open the 133th legislative year. It was the president’s last speech before she leaves office following elections later this year.

Argentina Doubles Fee for Overstaying Tourist Visa[Discover Buenos Aires]
As of March 1, 2015, Argentina has doubled the fee for overstaying your tourist visa for non-Mercosur residents from $300 pesos to $600 pesos. This also applies to extending your tourist visa by 90-days. Considering that it was last changed almost 6 years ago, this was long overdue, and with the rate of inflation here, its still quite a bargain.

Sunday, 01 March 2015

Getting a Driver's License in Argentina[Seashells and Sunflowers]
When I moved to Argentina six years ago, what initially kept me from driving was the chaotic mix of stray animals, motorcyclists, bicyclists and pedestrians coupled with a flagrant disregard for basic traffic laws on the part of many (most?) drivers. Eventually that chaos became the new norm, yet ...

Violet’s A to Z Guide to Buenos Aires[Vagrant Violet]
Mi Buenos Aires Querido, just for you, I present my essential A to Z guide, drafted in your honor: A is for ASADO When someone mentions “asado” to me here, images of various mouth-watering cuts of beef (or tender, flavorful chicken and succulent pork) being consumed by a family on a lazy Sunday afternoon immediately come to mind.

Friday, 27 February 2015

Most Bookstores Per Capita: Buenos Aires?[The Bubble]
Beyond the lure of its late-night boliches and trendsetting cafes, Buenos Aires is really at its heart, a city for intellectuals. Buenos Aires houses more bookstores per capital than any city in the world, according to the World Cities Culture Forum 2014. The city limits encapsulate 467 bookstores ...

Thursday, 26 February 2015

My first visit to the Hipodromo Argentino de Palermo[Argentina Look]
Since I was a child I always was fascinated by horses and I remember when we pass in front of the horse racetrack in Palermo that I promised myself to visit it one day, not because of the races, but more because of this fascination for horses and also for the beautiful the place was.

Friday, 27 February 2015

Summer in the City: Swimming Pools of Buenos Aires[The Real Argentina]
Buenos Aires in the summer is hot. A few years ago, someone somewhere took their giant cigarette and burned a hole right through the ozone layer above the city, creating saunas out of any homes lacking AC and forcing Argentines to develop a system for having a constant supply of ice to cool water when the cold tap runs hot ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back