Daily Url - November 26Th

webteam

Administrator
Monday, 26 November 2012

Eating in Barrio Chino[The Argentina Independent]
Pick up the Fork's Allie Lazar takes a culinary tour of chinatown in Buenos Aires, where the quality of the food more than makes up for the small scale.

Buenos Aires’ Youth Orchestras: Social Change through Music[The Argentina Independent]
Orquestas Infantiles y Juveniles is a programme offering children in the villas of Buenos Aires an opportunity to develop through free music training with professionals. Chris Barrett reports.

Why Punta del Diablo Is Now Uruguay’s Coolest Beach Destination[InvestBA]
Earlier this month we learned first-hand why rootless cosmopolitans are gravitating to La Estancia de Cafayate, Doug Casey’s 1,360-acre master-planned community with world-class amenities, fine wines...

Fly to Buenos Aires For Only $291 (MIA) or $386 (JFK)[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in TravelUPDATE: Unfortunately it seems that this deal may be over as my searches are no longer returning this amazing fare. LAN has fares for $849 today as part of their Cyber Monday sale as...

Taking Refuge at the Tapas Bar[SaltShaker]
Just a half a block from home is the site of a restaurant. Now, in the 7+ years we’ve lived on this block this is now the fourth restaurant to occupy the space. The first three were parrillas of one...

Sunday, 25 November 2012

Meeting of Styles 2012 in Buenos Aires day three[BA Street Art]
Street artists were painting some brilliant new artworks at Meeting of Styles 2012 “All in One” in Barracas on Saturday. Photos by Federica Alice. Entes Lean Frizzera Dame Cuore Dano THG (Heis)...

Friday, 23 November 2012

A Touch of the Argentine[SaltShaker]
Private party over the weekend, seven folk studying down here as part of a global executive MBA program. A chance for them to get to know each other outside of class, have some food and wine, and...

Gas and Electricity Rates Set to Increase[The Argentina Independent]
Vice Minister of the Economy Axel Kicillof announced in a press conference this morning that gas and electricity rates will increase by 4 to 150 pesos. For larger commercial enterprises, the rates...

El Tejano, Texas BBQ and Hot Sauce[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Meet Larry, a Buenos Aires expat from Texas, with a knack for making some great BBQ: The Buenos Aires dining scene never becomes boring thanks …

Long Weekend in Buenos Aires[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Pat McDonald) Monday is a national holiday as the Battle of Vuelta de Obligado will be remembered and the “Day of National Sovereignty” celebrated. The battle was one of the most important...

Thursday, 22 November 2012

Buenos Aires with Kids[Buenos Aires 4U]
The Argentinecapital has become a hugely popular touristdestination over the past few years and with so many travelers who havepassed through this beautiful city, finding info and tips on what to do...

Urban Art Festival "Meeting of Styles" 2012[BA Travel Guide]
The international urban art festival "Meeting of Styles", known internationally as MOS, will take place in Buenos Aires from November 22 to November 26, 2012, every day from 12:00 pm.This is an...

Buenos Aires Jazz Festival[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by eperales) The Buenos Aires Jazz Festival will be taking place until the 26th of November, promising for a music filled long weekend. The event, which will feature both local and...

Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Accessing Netflix from Another Country[TheMigratoryNerd]
As many people know, I tend to travel quite a bit – over the last 18 months I believe I have visited on the order of 13 or 14 countries. And while there are always interesting things to do in each...

Organic Street Market in Palermo[BA Travel Guide]
The main producers of organic and healthy food in Argentina will gather again in a street market in Buenos Aires, on Saturday, November 24, and Sunday, November 25, 2012, from 10am to 6pm, with free...

High Tea Fashion at Fierro Hotel[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by whatsthatpicture) Shop Hop BA and Fierro Hotel have put together a unique event for the lady fashionistas in the city, and all in perfect time for Christmas shopping. The event, which will...

Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Foto of the Week: Plaza de Mayo Jacaranda in Full Bloom[Wander Argentina]
A Blue Jaracanda tree in full bloom in Plaza de Mayo, facing the Cabildo building. The Jaracanda is native to sub-tropical regions of South America. The tree’s name comes from the Guarani language...

The Night of the Provinces 2012[BA Travel Guide]
The Night of the Provinces (“La Noche de las Provincias“), will take place on Thursday, November 15th, 2012, from 6pm to 12am.The Casas de Provincia are the representation offices of each province in...

New gastronomic fair in Buenos Aires: "Masticar"[BA Travel Guide]
Masticar, the first food fair organized ACELGA, an association entirely composed by chefs and entrepreneurs in the gastronomic business, will be held on November 16, 17 and 18, 2012 at El...

Thursday, 15 November 2012

Buenos Aires Office Space Costs 50% Less Than São Paulo[InvestBA]
This according to a new report from Colliers International analyzing the average cost of prime office space in major Latin American markets. The average price of Class A office space in Buenos Aires...

Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Tigre Attractions & Things to Do[Wander Argentina]
Tranquil, quaint and slow-paced, Buenos Aires’ favorite day-trip destination Tigre pulls in 80,000 tourists every weekend. Here are the main attractions in the town of Tigre: Tigre Town Attractions...

Monday, 12 November 2012

November in Buenos Aires, Jacaranda time[BA Travel Guide]
Once again as every November, springtime in Buenos Aires, the city is covered in lavender clouds of jacaranda trees in bloom. They are all over the city, making this one of the best months to visit...

Myth Busted: 7 Dining Spots That Will Change Your Mind About Santiago’s Mediocre Dining Reputation[The Travel Chica]
No, I am not back in Chile, although I dream about it often. It is a country I wish I had more time to explore. I met some great expats living in Santiago, and it seemed like a city I could settle...

Saturday, 10 November 2012

Formal Spanish Use in Argentina[Expose: Buenos Aires]
One difficult thing for English speakers to get used to when speaking Spanish is speaking formally, by using the “usted” form. In English, you say “you” to everyone, because there is no distinction...

F You, They’re From San Telmo: El Banco Rojo[Pick Up The Fork]
Now there’s a new reason to venture out of your barrio bubble to far off San Telmo lands. From the owners of famed San Telmo bar La Puerta Roja, yet another cheap healthy-ish fast food spot has...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back