Daily Url, Sep 1

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Wednesday, 01 September

In pictures: Tango World Championship[BBC]
Four hundred dancing pairs from around the globe have taken part in the eighth Tango Dance World Championship.

Argentina: Man slays six for 'Saint Death'[OneIndia]
On belief that he had struck a deal with the 'Saint of Death', a man has turned into a serial killer and has murdered six people, Argentine police said.

Key political risks to watch in Argentina[Reuters]
Political tensions are bubbling up in Latin America's No. 3 economy as President Cristina Fernandez and her rivals grapple to seize the initiative ahead of next year's presidential election.

Tuesday, 31 August

Piano Festival "Chopiniana 2010"[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The Festival Chopiniana 2010 , organized by Fundación Chopiniana de Buenos Aires , will consist of nine piano recitals that will take place between September 1st and November 3rd, 2010, every Wedn...

Ayahuasca: The Art and Science of Illumination[The Argentina Independent]
Ayahuasca, a psychoactive brew made from an Amazonian vine and used in tribal ceremonies, is becoming increasingly popular among tourists. James Rittenour investigates.

Ayahuasca: The Art and Science of Illumination[The Argentina Independent]
Ayahuasca, a psychoactive brew made from an Amazonian vine and used in tribal ceremonies, is becoming increasingly popular among tourists. James Rittenour investigates.

Kristen Stewart Heads To Argentina - Pictures[entertainmentwise]
Kristen Stewart was spotted arriving in Argentina, South America to film On The Road for a few days in Patagonia.

Monday, 30 August

We call it football, not soccer[South America on a budget]
Disregard tango shows and cowboy extravaganzas. Visiting Argentina while the football season is on, and not going to a match, is akin to traveling back in time to a French port before penicillin was i...

Cosi Fan Tutte (Mozart)[Why on earth did I move to Argentina?]
It looks like I am only just starting to get to know the Buenos Aires cultural night life. I went to this rather small but nice theatro Avenida (on avenida de Mayo), to see another Opera. This time...

54 Bars: Bar Saint Moritz[The Argentina Independent]
Mort’ – it means ‘death’ in most Latin-based languages. Coincidentally, if you take out the ‘i’ and the ‘z’ in ‘Moritz’, you get ‘Mort’. And Bar Saint Moritz, one of Buenos Aires’ 54 Notable Bars, fee...

Sunday, 29 August

Cablevisión to Offer More HD, 10x Faster Internet[The Argentine Post]
Cablevisión plans to offer a total of 20 HD channels by the end of the year and 30 by mid 2011. Cablevisión chief executive Carlos Moltini confirmed the plans to The Argentine Post last week after a.....

La Carretería—Andean Cuisine in the Little Blue House[Wander Argentina]
La Carretería is a delightful neighborhood cantina serving up northern Argentine cuisine in San Telmo’s Parque Lezama area. The Andean fare served here originates from Argentina’s northern Ju...

Surrounded by Germans[SaltShaker]
 I know what Germans are. They are a funny people. They are always choosing someone to lead them in a direction which they do not want to go.” - Gertrude Stein I have written in th...

Fasten Seat Belts: Latam Will Be Game Changer[InvestBA.com]
When Cueto Met Amaro: In the works for 7 years, the Latam merger will shake up the regional landscape. When Chile’s LAN and Brazil’s TAM , two of Latin America’s most effi...

Saturday, 28 August

Photo dump: Potent after dark[South America on a budget]
Buenos Aires permeates your senses and before you know it you’re hooked! Persuading the psyche like a smiling, virile dictator. What’s not to love? k&a

Friday, 27 August
5 Favorite Things to Get Used to in Buenos Aires[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
1. Say Goodbye to your bubble. I visited the Starbucks in the Abasto shopping center during my first week in Buenos Aires. Being an odd hour, Starbucks was almost empty

Steve Carrell to Star in Adaptation of Argentine Film[The Argentine Post]
Funny-man Steve Carrell will produce and star in a Hollywood adaption of the Argentine movie Un Novio para Mi Mujer, the daily Variety reported Thursday. “In the original film, Un novio para mi....

Five days of books, music and talks[BA Herald]
Buenos Aires was missing a literary festival and then FILBA came along. Organized for the first time in 2008, the festival opens today with readings, talks, discussion groups, interviews and performances.

Thursday, 26 August

Tigre delta tripping[South America on a budget]
Buenos Aires is notorious for it’s myriad of restaurants, bars, theaters, museums, football stadiums and city dwelling delights. In short, nothing nature lovers could be expecting before they ge...

Tango Fashion and the Tango Festival[LandingPadBA]
Life in Buenos Aires would not be complete without the tango experience. Late-night milongas, flashy shows, and dramatic music can be found everywhere in this city, from the streets of San Telmo to un...

Wednesday, 25 August

Coffee, The Business of Aroma[SaltShaker]
 No coffee can be good in the mouth that does not first send a sweet offering of odor to the nostrils. - Henry Ward Beecher That was the title, in Spanish anyway, of a panel prese...

Shopping on Florida St.[Wander Argentina]
For convenience for the short-term visitor, Florida Street can serve as a good place to do one-stop shopping without having to contend with the heavy automobile traffic found in many other shopping ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back