Daily Url, Sep 18

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Friday, 18 September

Argentina Moves to Rein In Media [WSJ]
Argentina's lower house of Congress passed a contentious law aimed at reining in media conglomerates and bolstering government discretion over TV and radio licensing. If passed by the Senate, the law is expected to curb the power of one of leftist President Cristina Kirchner's main political enemies, Argentina's largest media group, Grupo Clarín.

Thursday, 17 September

5 things that scare me[Yillabean]
1. looking at a map and seeing just how south i really am 2. walking away from the atm 3. taxi drivers once they hear my spanish 4. ordering from a menu in b.a. and not knowing how it's going to lo...

Thirsty?[LandingPadBAYour Alternative Guide to Buenos Aires »]
For us BA veterans, long gone are the days of chai lattes and big glasses of fresh squeezed fruit juice. While those who have dollars can afford these treats, those of us earning pesos order from a di...

Museo de Bellas Artes[Buenos Aires Daily]
The National Museum of Fine Arts has a relatively large collection of fine art, including international masters (e.g. Monet, Renoir, Degas). T...

Wednesday, 16 September

Domestic Obsessions[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Pics of BA]
Continuing with my recent obsessions I can't stop looking at the limited and endlessly repeating patterns of potted plants and small landscaping.

The exception to all the rules[BA Herald]
Pataphysics is a philosophy dedicated to studying what lies beyond the realm of metaphysics. It is often expressed in nonsensical language. Exhibition at Malba museum.

Peace… Out[SaltShaker]
 I think at the beginning, it was more of a chic thing to do for the very rich. But then as sushi was made more available to the general public… the fear factor of it broke down.”

Crack Jet Acrobatic Team Paints Buenos Aires’ Sky [NTDTV]
Ten French fighter jets from the famous French Acrobatic Patrol streaked over Buenos Aires on Tuesday, September 15, to punch up Argentina's independence celebrations.

Tuesday, 15 September

The pink "lapacho" announces the arrival of Spring in Buenos Aires[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
This is one of the most famous trees in Buenos Aires. It's a pink "lapacho", a tree native from the North-West of Argentina. This magnificent specimen was planted by landscaper Martin Ezcurra on the ...

Parador Retiro: A Portrait[The Argentimes]
A huge block of cement and iron sheets containing two hundred artless beds in rows, hosting Buenos Aires' destitute people, keeping them from sleeping on the cold asphalt. There is talk of Parador Ret...

A Grave Situation for Argentina’s Jewish Community[The Argentimes]
Fifty-eight tombstones have been defaced in Argentina’s largest Jewish cemetery in La Tablada. It was only discovered on Sunday 13th September that the bronze plaques had been stolen from the gravest...

September snow in Las Leñas[GoodAirs: More than a bad translation of "Buenos Aires"]
A shot taken Sunday on the slopes. It was great to be back on skis (and, for Ian, a snowboard) for the first time in 4 years . The snow was pretty amazing so close to spring.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back