Daily Url, Sep 30

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thursday, 30 September

Luján – A Mini-Break to the Lourdes of the South[The Argentina Independent]
If you're not enticed by this Saturday's annual 65km pilgrimage, hop on the bus to Lujan, the religious capital of Argentina and home to the virgin who is the country's patron saint.

Wednesday, 29 September

El Ceibo for Financial Times[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Pics of BA]
Cristina Lescano of El Ceibo Cooperative. In August I was hired to shoot a story about a recycling cooperative in Buenos Aires run by cartoneros. This was the first time my photos have been publi...

Five Favorite Argentine Candies[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Picking out a candy bar at the corner kiosk can be an intimidating process when all the candy is foreign. What do you do, when none of your familiar brands are in sight, and the risks are high...

Free open air concert by Zubin Mehta and the Munich Philharmonic Orchestra[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
A spectacular free open air concert by the great conductor Zubin Mehta, in front of the  the Munich Philharmonic Orchestra , will be presented on Saturday, October 2nd, 2010,  at ...

Prost! Córdoba Toasts Oktoberfest[The Argentina Independent]
Argentina is celebrating its own Oktoberfest in Villa General Belgrano, Córdoba. A festival about beer, lederhosen and other customs from across the Atlantic.

Tuesday, 28 September

Things that I Love about BA: Food[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
I often focus too much on the negative in Buenos Aires. While it is a truly unique city, it hasn’t captured my heart the way other cities, like Athens, Rome and Seattle have. Sure, it may not...

Spring in Buenos Aires[The Buenos Aires Life]
Spring has sprung, with all its (SAT word alert!) fickle weather- rain, wind, and sprinkling of sunny days. The sudden appearance of strawberries in all the fruit stands, and the addition of freesia t...

Argentinean Reverse Slang[LandingPadBA]
When traveling to different Spanish speaking countries you can expect to find that each region has their own twist on the language, their own specific dialect. You should also expect to stumble a litt...

Le Tigre y Dia del Estudiante[it's stormie in buenos aires]
Ashley and me on the boat tour Imagine LDOC…only the entire adolescent population of Buenos Aires is participating. For those of you who don’t speak “Duke,” LDOC stands...

Monday, 27 September

Day trippin around BA La Plata[it's stormie in buenos aires]
There we were in the middle of….nowhere? Ok not fair–there was a kiosco and a gas station. And a bus stop of course. We had planned to go to La Plata, a city about an hour out of Buenos A...

Using Mercado Libre in Buenos Aires[Gringo in Buenos Aires]
It’s a well-worn theme in all of the blogs, online expat newspapers and forums: new electronics – computers, laptops, iPhones, stereos, TVs, games consoles, cameras and so on – are very expensive ...

FranchiseBA: Can It Go Both Ways?[InvestBA.com]
Argentina's Havanna found success abroad by staying upscale and focusing on leading Latin markets. In the new issue of InvestBA Privada , branding expert Claudio Destéfano tells our rea...

Sunday, 26 September

Buenos Aires Murder Rate Comparatively Low[The Argentine Post]
The murder rate in the City of Buenos Aires is quite low compared with many other major world cities, according to the latest data from Argentina’s Justice Ministry. Last year 4.92 people were.....

Presidential Backbone – 4th Vertebra[SaltShaker]
When last I signed off on my stroll along Av. Rivadavia we were at Plaza Miserere, the Once train and bus terminal. Picking up just past the plaza, we find a section of the avenue that was, at on...

Friday, 24 September

CFK, the most popular Argentine politician on Twitter[BA Herald]
President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner became the most popular Argentine politician on Twitter only three weeks after opening her account in the social networking...

Thursday, 23 September

Where's the Beef? Not in Argentina as Drought Drives Away Brazil's JBS[Bloomberg]
Argentines have lost their title as the world’s biggest beef eaters after the worst drought in 70 years and government export limits led ranchers to reduce the number of cattle on the Pampas...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back