Daily Url - Sep 3rd

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Saturday, 03 September 2011

Rolling on Down the Museum Mile[SaltShaker]
There are three forms of visual art: Painting is art to look at, sculpture is art you can walk around, and architecture is art you can walk through.” - Dan Rice, artist Continuing on down the Museum...

Love and Passion[Katti99]
Teatro Colón has always been something magical. Is it because of it’s beauty, it’s program, it’s reputation? Or is it because it is so hard to get in? Going to a show was on my to do list ever since...

Friday, 02 September 2011

National sport[Katti99]
One of the strangest things you see in this chaotic and badly organised country must be the lines of people waiting. Even after all this time it still amazes me how people, one neatly behind the...

Thursday, 01 September 2011

The DNI Has Landed[Travel Guy]
After almost three years since I began the process to get my dual citizenship in Argentina, 25 trips down to the Registro Civil to beg and fight with the bureaucrats, and countless other hours spent...

El Ultimo Aplauso - The Last Aplause[TangoSpam]
My usual Sunday milonga is lucky to have an organizer who wants to preserve the heritage of tango and of Argentina. It is not unusual for her to do things not common for a milonga. She has had...

península valdés: whales & beautiful scenery[Line of Sight]
Puerto Madryn is a gateway to all the wonderful wildlife which can be seen in Península Valdés. We asked around different agencies & they all charged the same price for excursions: $220 pesos for...

The SUBE card makes your life 1000% better![LandingPadBA]
The SUBE card saves the precious monedas and speeds along the boarding process for those savvy travelers.

Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Casa FOA 2011[BA Travel Guide]
Casa FOA is the most important yearly exhibition where decorators, architects, designers, and landscapers, selected for their talent and prestige, showcase the local and international trends in...

Best iPhone and Android Apps[Spotlight Buenos Aires]
Though the technology here in Argentina is a few years behind countries like Japan and the US, smart phones and mobile devices are becoming more and more popular in Buenos Aires. The iTunes store...

Monday, 29 August 2011

puerto madryn: long weekend[Line of Sight]
If it hadn’t been for launching a new start-up & releasing our first iPhone app, I would have written about our long weekend in Puerto Madryn sooner. But things were a bit crazy. Darío & I had a...

Expotrastiendas 2011, the Art Galleries' Exhibition[BA Travel Guide]
Expotrastiendas, the art fair organized since 2001 by the Argentine Association of Art Galleries (Asociación Argentina de Galerías de Arte or AAGA) aims to promoting and disseminating visual...

Tango Argentina: Sensuality in 4 Steps[Spotlight Buenos Aires]
Certain cities are synonymous with certain things. While people travel to Paris for the Eiffel Tower, New York for the Statue of Liberty, Venice for the gondolas or Las Vegas for all three, there is...

Friday, 26 August 2011

Wheels[SaltShaker]
Baby you can drive my car. Yes I’m gonna be a star.” - The Beatles, Drive My Car Picking up on my tour of the various museums of the Milla de los Museos, I dropped in on the Museo del Automovíl Club...

Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Foto of the Week: Cartonero Snoozing[Wander Argentina]
A cartonero (garbage picker) snoozes in Buenos Aires. The graffiti next to him says, “¿Y vos que haces?” (And what do you do?) Do you know what neighborhood this is in? Make your guess on our twitter...

Google doodle Borges[Argen-times]
Google has celebrated what would have been the112th birthday of Jorge Luis Borges with a homepage doodle to celebrate the famous Argentine writer’s achievements; in particular his surreal approach to...

Football in Argentina: The Main Teams Summarized[LandingPadBA]
Sam Kelly summarizes the main football or soccer teams in Argentina including a brief history, rivalries, nicknames, stadiums and odd trivia.

Very N’ice[Katti99]
I was terribly excited when I heard that there would be an ice skating ring here in BA. Isn’t it fun to go ice skating in the middle of a city surrounded by houses and buildings? In any case, I love...

Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Winter Activities in Buenos Aires[Spotlight Buenos Aires]
Winter in Buenos Aires is mild compared to climates you might be used to in Canada, Northern US or Northern Europe. But after a while away from your snowy winters, the winter months of the southern...

Peddlers vs Shops on Florida Street[Buenos Aires 4U]
If you come to BsAs and shopping is one of your favorite activities, Florida St. is indeed the ideal place to visit. You can find hundreds of stores all along the traditional pedestrian Florida...

Juan Lencina at La Nacional Milonga[La Milonga Del 126]
My plans to shoot a Tango documentary in Buenos Aires where hampered by a couple of things, first of all I didn't want to sacrifice my dance time in order to bring my camera and shoot other...

Arkakaó – A Recoleta Treasure[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Arkakao is a charming treasure to be found in the loveliest neighborhood of Recoleta. I know Palermo is all the rage, and most people want to live there, but I don’t think any part of Buenos Aires...

Monday, 22 August 2011

BricksBA: Global Trumps Local Uncertainty[InvestBA]
Real estate activity in Buenos Aires is always weak during presidential election years, especially in the months leading up to the elections. Consider 2011 the exception to that historical norm. In...

Friday, 19 August 2011

Secret Bars of Buenos Aires[LandingPadBA]
...if you know where to knock or ring, you can pass into some of the best places to party and get your drink on in Buenos Aires.

Thursday, 18 August 2011

Day in the Life of a Dog Walker[Gringo Starr]
Nice little film tracing the day of one of Buenos Aires’ famous Dog Walkers. Victor has been doing the job for the last 12 years and has been bitten three times and has lost 2 dogs (both turned up...

Historic Tramway in Buenos Aires[Argentina Look]
Buenos Aires grew at the side of the tramway tracks, like most Argentine cities. Many neighborhoods were formed thanks to its services, and although in 1962 they were removed from the streets of...

argentina: viniflation 2011[Line of Sight]
Sure, I love to drink wine. It’s a well-documented fact. And I love learning about it… at one time I even considered enrolling in Argentina’s main sommelier school. But besides appreciation, the...

5 Important Questions about Moving to Buenos Aires[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Moving abroad brings a certain amount of uncertainty and adventure. Here are some commonly asked questions about moving to Buenos Aires. 1. How did you find an apartment? Short Answer: Craigslist....

Wednesday, 17 August 2011

take a walk to the movies[Katti99]
The day that cyberspace took over our lives everything changed. And it hasn’t stopped changing ever since. Were we ever without internet? How did we do it? Googling on our computer seems like our 2nd...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back