Dating Amongst Expat Men And Local Women

Hello All!

My friends and I (all in our late 20s) will be living in BA for a few months this summer to practice our Spanish and what better way to do that than meet some of the lovely ladies of argentina! I know what you're thinking - another one of those - but our intentions are truly benign but we're of course open to ultimately dating in addition to friendship. We are also a little worried that we'll just be bucketed into the same category as other expat creepers who have previously come and gone and that that will get in the way of us potentially meeting some friendly and interesting peple. We also understand that the women of BA are, for lack of a better word, "crazy." Still don't really know what that means.

So the question is this, do argentine women generally dismiss expat men as just transitional, sex-driven idiots, or is there an opportunity to actually socialize and get to know the local ladies? Any other comments on the matter would be super-helpful!

You have a peculiar view of expats, are you identifying with this view or how comes?

In my experience, Argentinian women are not fully satisfied with Argentinian men, because they perceive Argentinian men to be "sex-driven idiots" to a certain extent and they perceive expats to be less so. Argentinian women will be very interested in you, but your interactions will stay superficial for the reason Nikad said before: they think you will leave and your interactions are a waste of time.

Argentinian women are looking for stable relationships. It is difficult to have a casual relationship/one night stand if that is what you are looking for. Unless you are willing to pay for it, prostitution is legal in Argentina (I think) and you find sex advertisments everywhere in the street in microcentro.

You will not notice the "craziness" of Argentinian women if you are not in a relationship with them/if you come as a tourist. The "craziness" is related to the possessive nature of relationships. If you are in a relationship, you have to pay attention to your girlfriend and to listen to her (exclusively). On the other hand, an Argentinian girlfriend will also be there for you (exclusively).

If you want the "Argentinian girlfriend experience", you have to integrate in Argentinian society and give the impession you are willing to stay. In that case, Argentinian girls will be more interested in you than in Argentinian guys. Though if you are just there for a couple of months, women do not bother about you.

The "Buenos Aires" episode of "Scam City" included a segment (recorded by hidden cameras) in which the show host (posing as a "tourist") met (was sellected by) a young and attractive woman in a swank hotel bar. They went to his hotel room and she put a drug in his wine while he was in the bathroom. He was tipped off by the crew (who texted him from the balcony) and didn't imbibe. Once he explained that he was making a film about what happens to tourists in BA, the girl provided full details of the "Black Widow" scam (25:30-34:00)

http://www.dailymoti...m/video/x2mtc7k

Note: The "older" guy is 27 and the girl is 22.

One night stands with strangers here is not so common. Also, unless your amazingly good looking or is driving aorund on a Ferrari, your initial status in zona norte will not be that great. You *might* find girls falling over themselves after a gringo in the villas. Maybe.

Really? Maybe because I'm gay I had a different experience, but I found the opposite amongst myself and friends.

My former roommate seems to meet guys who are super flaky, only looking for sex, and have no desire to seriously date, while for myself, I could meet guys for one night stands, but I also got messaged by others interested in more.

I will say that the gringo=green card thing is less prevalent in Argentina than in Mexico or Colombia, but it still exists, and friends warned me of it.

Also, the less wealthy background the Argentine person is from, the more interesting you become/likely you are to be successful in having a hookup.

Again, my experience is sort of exclusive to gay/bi guys in BA, so others results may vary.

You are who you are, here or in Zimbabwe. Just remember the golden rule.

I dont understand if you are asking for yourself or for you with your buddies.

Back