Dating in Argentina vs Dating in US/UK....

Mira Vos!

Registered
Something a little different!

What differences do you notice in dating in Argentina vs your home country (in many cases, sounds like US/UK)

Dating etiquette...what women/men seem to enjoy, Going to bars/clubs vs online dating

Vamooo

Something a little different!

What differences do you notice in dating in Argentina vs your home country (in many cases, sounds like US/UK)

Dating etiquette...what women/men seem to enjoy, Going to bars/clubs vs online dating

Vamooo
It depends a lot - like everywhere no two people are the same thing however in GENERAL I have found women here like to wait a bit before getting intimate. They also seem less impressed by foreigners compared to women in Brazil - mostly because if they are interested in something serious they don't believe you have any intention of living here or staying long term. I also have found there are some top quality women here who make great partners/mothers because they are not obsessed with social media and instagram and actually care about their children/family values - however they are usually outside Buenos Aires.

It’s funny, a lot of my friends from US/UK say many of the women prefer Argentinian men (especially compared to countries like Brazil/Colombia where there is more interest or at least curiosity)in foreigners but then my friend who grew up Buenos Aires says girls there like foreigners a lot and practicing their English. Found that funny.

(Have also heard women have found it refreshing talking to Argentine men, they might be chamuyeros but at least they will TRY and be romantic) :)

I could be totally wrong here about some
More like Spain/Italy than Latin America. At least among educated/upper class.

Definitely seems like more adults stay at home, could be culturally (ie Italy), financial or both. Can see a lot of similarities with Italy specifically

It's all about market value. If you are a while male from the US or Europe, you'll do much better with Argentinian women than someone from elsewhere from Latin America, who have lower market value. That is, they aren't typically going to downgrade socially by dating a Colombian or a Mexican. They exception being when your income is high enough that other considerations become irrelevant. It's another form of Argentine exceptionalism perhaps.

I personally have found dating much more easy going in Bogotá and Santiago, and I didn't feel like I had to provide my CV and income level, or pass a political litmus test before a coffee date, unlike here.

Back