Dating scene in BA?

fionaorange - Dont confuse, ist a big diference between "asking for meet argentine man" and "asking where to find men who are not argentine", dont you think ¿?...

fionaorange said:
I'm not quite sure where should I post this but here we go: which are the best spots to meet non-argie men? I have been to Sugar but there seem to be only tourists and not people actually living here.

Thanks!

Take ruta 3 out of ciudad Buenos Aires and drive south for about 650 KM.

Turn left on ruta 229.

About four KM down ruta 229 (at the puesto de control) just ask where the yanqui lives. :p

Since there is no member with the user name "shannquis" what's the point of your question?

honestly i think that most expat men that are living here long term are usually in a relationship with an argentine woman. having said that if you want to meet expat men the best thing to do is go to expat events. there are tons of them. You can check the Argentine Independant events page.

I instantly distrust anyone who uses the word "honestly" or the expression "to be honest with you" when they say or post anything in this forum (especially today).

I became involved with an Argentine woman in the first ten days I was in Argentina and I doubt I will ever be involved with another.

This is my opinion on the subject, not facts, based purely on personal experiences and observations of friends, neighbors and business associates:

Men here, both straight and gay, tend to be a lot more expressive and emotional, don't forget -- you have a DOUBLE dose of "latino" with the majority of Argentine men, the "Argentino Estandar" is 1/2 spanish and 1/2 italian descent. So if you like men who say they love you, touch you all the time, want lots of kisses, hand holding, and expect you to be "pretty" all of the time for them, well then you will be happy. The flip side is, they will constantly be telling you how they feel, cry at the drop of a hat, and want you to meet their psychologist, will ask you to squeeze the puss out of pimples on their back, will wear rings on their thumb and pointer finger, and tie their long hair back in a pink scrunchee (that belongs to you) without even thinkin about it, oh and if you serve them food that they don't like they will straight out make faces, get up and go buy empanadas and sit on the sofa eating them while watching Shrek. Anybody else have a similar experience?

As for women go, I have less experience, as I play on the "other team". However comparing the women here with the ones I've known from the USA or Europe, the women here are more like European gals. They look and act like girls, wear sexy clothes, makeup, hair styled, act shy around guys if they like them, and watch their figure. Many of the women in the US that I've experienced lately act like truck drivers, talk loud with their mouth full, wear miniskirts even if their legs are white and lumpy like cottage cheese and veiny like gorgonzola and get really weird hairdos and walk around looking like teletubbies. Argentine women are a lot more traditional and careful to keep up their appearance. My one gripe is that too many girls here smoke.

You can find non-Argentine men in the US, the UK, Spain, France, Ireland, Canada, Chile, Australia, Mexico... ;)

I think you've come to the wrong country to meet non-Argentines! :D Though it's of course possible. The most foreigners I've seen in a concentrated group has been in the first class section of the Buquebus! That might not be the case anymore, though.

I find your description of Argentine men to be hilariously true, David! :) There's plenty of that type. It's an odd combination of machismo with vanity. Thankfully my husband doesn't have a lot of those emotional drawbacks, but he does have his metrosexual moments that make me laugh. Maybe I just got extremely lucky, but I tend to think there's plenty of nice Argentine guys out there. ;)

Back