Deal for pesos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
trotskyite00 said:
I'm sorry. I guess I was naive not realizing that every foreigner living in BsAs had to enter the underworld and get involved in illegal transactions every single time they wanted money. silly me...

Transactions through Xoom -- the service giving a rate of 5.00 after fees -- are not illegal. Asking someone to take your pesos and transfer you dollars might be, however. :rolleyes:

The poster I was replying to was discussing bringing all that money in US dollars and then exchanging it at black market rate... not through "Xoom". that is probably officially illegal :rolleyes::rolleyes:

My plan doesn't sound anymore illegal than the "black market" cuevas that everyone mentions they use. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, I was just surprised that all of you have all been getting money through underground channels every time you needed money (until this Xoom thing came around apparently a month ago or so...). #thingsIwishwerementionedinLonelyPlanet

bradlyhale said:
Transactions through Xoom -- the service giving a rate of 5.00 after fees -- are not illegal. Asking someone to take your pesos and transfer you dollars might be, however. :rolleyes:

I am just telling the hard facts of the reality!
I have no idea how illegal it is to sell your dollars to the one that offers the most!
As I also stated in my post: You a allowed to enter with 10.000 USD without declaring, so there is absolutely nothing illegal in that for sure!
Anyway to wire money between different persons accounts outside Argentina and then meet in a dark alley to hand over the pesos, might not be totally kosher either!
I had no intention of making anyone feel bad, just wanted to clarify a few facts.
If you find anyone that wanna buy pesos for 4,50, please let me know....would like to un-load a million then!

does anybody know if I have a USA passport, can I buy U.S. dollars (for Argentine pesos) in a legal exchange house.?

argcalif2010 said:
does anybody know if I have a USA passport, can I buy U.S. dollars (for Argentine pesos) in a legal exchange house.?
u can't without Afip's approval

Hey all, I've got USD and want to get pesos (of course a beneficial rate 5.++). Where do I go?? or can someone PM to tell me these people who come to your house.
cheers, brad

Since it sounds like the banks outside Argentina are charging 6+pesos per USD 1, would it make sense to do the reverse exchange before coming back into Argentina? i.e., instead of bringing in USd, exchange the USD into ARG in United States and bringing pesos into the country. Has anyone ever tried to convert dollars into pesos in the US and what exchange rate did you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back