Dearymom introduction

dearymom

Registered
Hello! My husband and I are here in Buenos Aires serving a mission for the LDS Church. We are most recently from the beautiful woods of northern Idaho, where we had a cattle ranch, and we grew up near and love the oceans of southern California and the Baja peninsula. We spent the last 10 months in Santiago, Chile. My husband has lived two years in Colombia and I lived a year in Germany and we have traveled quite a bit in Latin America and other places and are enjoying exploring a new city and country. I have found this site very helpful and at times also very entertaining, thank you to all who have posted information.

dearymom said:
We are most recently from the beautiful woods of northern Idaho, where we had a cattle ranch.
Hi there, I am also new to the forum and I guess I am going the opposite direction - from the middle of a city to a big estancia in the countryside outside of BA! In my whole life I have only lived in the country for one year, so this will be a big change for me. (I leave in a month.) I like peace and quiet but I love city life too so I hope to go into BA on a regular basis (I will be one hour away.) Enjoy your stay!

MariainDC said:
Hi there, I am also new to the forum and I guess I am going the opposite direction - from the middle of a city to a big estancia in the countryside outside of BA! In my whole life I have only lived in the country for one year, so this will be a big change for me. (I leave in a month.) I like peace and quiet but I love city life too so I hope to go into BA on a regular basis (I will be one hour away.) Enjoy your stay!

lemme guess, Puesto viejo Polo Club in Cañuelas? an hour sounds 'bout right, usually takes me 20-30 min driving my own car, don't worry too much about transition though as I wouldn't necessarily call the area where the club is 'countryside'.

ops I just blew up your cover =(
mmmh tricky question, I guess it depends IMO I'd definitely call it suburban, it is just on the outskirts of the city, right next to a major 4 lane highway that will put you in the heart of Buenos Aires in no-time, but don't take my word for it you can always download google earth and draw your own conclusion.

Cool, thanks. The bus from Canuelas to BA apparently takes 1 hour so I can imagine that in a car it might be a little less.

yup indeed. fun fact those "buses" are electronically limited at ~65km/h which is somewhere around 40mph

(pretty effin dangerous for a 4 lane highway when everyone else is doing 90-120mph)

let me know when you get here I'd mind giving you a ride.

Wow, thanks, that sounds great! Will pm you with my details.

That does sound a little dangerous indeed!

Back