Seeking iPhone 8/X...and my introduction

ß Aquarii

Registered
Hi BAexpats, I'm Jonny from Los Angeles.

I'm new to the forum, but I've been living in Buenos Aires for almost 2 years now. I don't know how I didn't find this community earlier. Glad to be of your e-aquaintance. I think I'll join one of the Tuesday Starbucks meet-ups in a week or so (I usually teach at the same time, so can't regularly make Tuesdays).

I was recently robbed in Jardín de la Recoleta near Facultad de Derecho. In the altercation that followed, my iPhone was stolen – among other things. If anyone has an iPhone 8 or X (unlocked, of course) you don't need, I'd be interested in buying it from you depending on its condition.
My friends and I (my brother and 2 Argentines) were having mates when 2 ladrones came at us with a knife and a pistol. I did not see the pistol, but the knife was clear when my brother tried to escape it. We knew most AR robberies are nonviolent and generally want just money and valuables, therefore we should have simply capitulated. Unfortunately, I have many years of martial arts training which I put to use going Ip Man on them to free my brother and friend from the robbers. Unfortunately, as I freed my brother from being stabbed (he was lacerated on his thigh), my bag was snatched by the other thief, who proceeded to run...and be chased by me. None of my friends' property was stolen, thankfully. Somewhere in the quarrel, I took a stab wound which the kind-if somewhat hesitant-student at hospital de clinicas stitched up for free and without any documentation whatsoever (which will also scar horribly-my bad for not understanding how and where to use insurance.
A note of advice. Jardín de la Recoleta has at its rear a bridge that leads to the regional train. It is a common area for thieves to enter and leave Buenos Aires Ciudad. It (I didn't know at the time) is a popular spot for hit-n-run robberies because they simply cross the bridge and hop on the next regional train to escape without a trace. They're rarely confronted or chased, so this is obviously an easy stealing job for them.

If you have an iPhone available, let's connect. I have ApplePay and PayPal or we can work with cash pesos. I look forward to meeting some of you at a Tuesday meet.

I’m sorry to hear of your “incident”...sounds pretty harrowing. I've never been to that part of the city. You’re lucky to be alive.
Somebody is selling an iPhone 8 on CraigslistBA.
good luck.

Last edited:
I’m sorry to hear of your inciden,...sounds pretty harrowin.
Hi BAexpats, I'm Jonny from Los Angeles.

I'm new to the forum, but I've been living in Buenos Aires for almost 2 years now. I don't know how I didn't find this community earlier. Glad to be of your e-aquaintance. I think I'll join one of the Tuesday Starbucks meet-ups in a week or so (I usually teach at the same time, so can't regularly make Tuesdays).

I was recently robbed in Jardín de la Recoleta near Facultad de Derecho. In the altercation that followed, my iPhone was stolen – among other things. If anyone has an iPhone 8 or X (unlocked, of course) you don't need, I'd be interested in buying it from you depending on its condition.
My friends and I (my brother and 2 Argentines) were having mates when 2 ladrones came at us with a knife and a pistol. I did not see the pistol, but the knife was clear when my brother tried to escape it. We knew most AR robberies are nonviolent and generally want just money and valuables, therefore we should have simply capitulated. Unfortunately, I have many years of martial arts training which I put to use going Ip Man on them to free my brother and friend from the robbers. Unfortunately, as I freed my brother from being stabbed (he was lacerated on his thigh), my bag was snatched by the other thief, who proceeded to run...and be chased by me. None of my friends' property was stolen, thankfully. Somewhere in the quarrel, I took a stab wound which the kind-if somewhat hesitant-student at hospital de clinicas stitched up for free and without any documentation whatsoever (which will also scar horribly-my bad for not understanding how and where to use insurance.
A note of advice. Jardín de la Recoleta has at its rear a bridge that leads to the regional train. It is a common area for thieves to enter and leave Buenos Aires Ciudad. It (I didn't know at the time) is a popular spot for hit-n-run robberies because they simply cross the bridge and hop on the next regional train to escape without a trace. They're rarely confronted or chased, so this is obviously an easy stealing job for them.

If you have an iPhone available, let's connect. I have ApplePay and PayPal or we can work with cash pesos. I look forward to meeting some of you at a Tuesday meet.

I’m sorry to hear of your “incident”...sounds pretty harrowing. I've never been to that part of the city. You’re lucky to be alive.
Somebody is selling an iPhone 8 on CraigslistBA.
good luck.
Thanks for the link! I saw that one, but it was only available until 12/17 while the seller was visiting family.

Still searching, I may just have to go to MacStation.

Sorry about the incident and I don't have any info on a phone. Do you mean Puente Facultad de Derecho, is that the bridge you mean just by Bellas Artes?

Back