Democrats Abroad soap opera

igor

Administrator
I hope you remeber the story that developed last month, when Yanqui Mike, the Chairman of Democrats Abroad Argentina, was ousted by his own peers for alledged irregularities in management of funds donated to Obama's campain (among other things). Guess what? He is back!

But now he is not only after the Chair, he is trying to get his personal friends to the Vice Chair, Treasurer and all other official positions. They call it "the Progressive Ticket". I must admit, I do see a lot of progress in this development. Annual Meeting of Democrats Abroad is on the 31st. Taking into account Mike's tenacity in this matter and selection of people who will be willing to attend the show, there is a pretty good chance that he will get elected again.

In anticipation of this remarkable event, I would like to publish a single quote. As I mentioned before, for several years Yanqui Mike maintained a "Baexpats Hate" website. Now he closed public access to it, but I keep a few things he was saying about baexpats as a personal memento. Here comes one of them:

These boludos would love nothing more than to have Argentina and the world believe that ALL of us expats here share their opinion.

Challenge them. Don't let them go unanswered.

Everytime these idiots spout their opinion as if it were generally accepted and unassailable fact...let 'em have it with every key on your keyboard.

And if you catch these Rush Limbaugh wanna-bees denigrating out loud the lovely people of this city and nation while enjoying everything that this wonderful place offers them...stand up from your table and with full throat let everyone in the room know these people are goddamned neanderthals and let the room know that you do not subscribe to their "facts"...preferentamente en castellano.

...and if you see and hear someone giving these black-hearted imbeciles what they deserve, stand up and support them.

Yanqui Mike Skowronek
Former Chairman and
Current candidate for Chairman from so called "Progressive Ticket"
Democrats Abroad Argentina
Now tell me one thing, folks. Do your hearts resonate with the words of the face person of local Democrats?

It will be a real black mark for Democrats if this intolerant indivdual is allowed to return. I hope common sense prevails.

I thought the Democrats won the election and picked up seats in the house and senate? Why the controversy?

Gads! He sounds like a Hitler-in-training. I wonder if his politics (if there be any substance behind the words) are similar.

soulskier said:
I thought the Democrats won the election and picked up seats in the house and senate? Why the controversy?

soulskier,

Basically, it is a non-profit that is supposed to "promote ideals of democracy" and help people living abroad to vote. Somehow it turned out to be a position of power in expat community and that's what all the fuzz is about.

RWS said:
Gads! He sounds like a Hitler-in-training. I wonder if his politics (if there be any substance behind the words) are similar.

Another school of thought is that he's the Rod Blagojevich (or Tom De Lay) of Buenos Aires.

Igor,

Thanks for the breakdown. Sounds like someone took their eye off the ball.

igor said:
soulskier,

Basically, it is a non-profit that is supposed to "promote ideals of democracy" and help people living abroad to vote.
Isn't that what the US Consulate is for? :confused:

It sounds like a public high school after school special. I never paid attention to those and I don't plan on paying attention to this. (Well, enough attention to make a post and then forget about it.)

suerte, dale, listo, chau,

Napoleon

If being in charge of this democrats NGO is such a big deal, may be other people just got jealous and it is a conspiracy to take his place?

Back