Denied exit 2 Arrested US passenger

kurtdillard said:
Bradly and Hannstew, your comparisons fall flat. Cars and cameras are made to do a variety of useful things, handguns are made to do a single thing: kill people. So, should the US government stop regulating hand grenades? Claymore mines? Other antipersonnel mines? Comparing my list of weapons to handguns is no more ridiculous than comparing handguns to cars or cameras.

I didn't read anything about anyone saying that the government shouldn't regulate gun-ownership. I think most people (including me) probably believe that gun ownership should be regulated in some fashion, just as I want the person behind the wheel to be licensed.

Saying handguns are made just to kill people is like saying that automobiles are made just to kill people. Handguns can be used for protection, just as automobiles can be used for transport. Misuse of anything is always possible, and accidents will happen.

We have rights in the U.S., but we also have responsibilities that come with them. The 2nd Amendment is no different.

So maybe you should change the content of the US Constitution? Just saying. It is not the Bible, is just another law. (hey, if people can say anything they like about CFK, our laws and government, I can say whatever I want about the US).

bradlyhale said:
Saying handguns are made just to kill people is like saying that automobiles are made just to kill people. Handguns can be used for protection, just as automobiles can be used for transport. Misuse of anything is always possible, and accidents will happen.

Handguns are also used for killing animals, any bear hunter, boar hunter, big game anything hunter will tell you this. You may shoot the animal with a rifle originally, but often you approach with your handgun drawn and the safety off.

They can also be used for "STOPPING" people, but not necessarily killing them. 9mm bullets are actually fairly small.

marksoc said:
So maybe you should change the content of the US Constitution? Just saying. It is not the Bible, is just another law. (hey, if people can say anything they like about CFK, our laws and government, I can say whatever I want about the US).

You can say what you want, the difference is we dont get our panties in a wad when you do.

They can also be used for "STOPPING" people, but not necessarily killing them. 9mm bullets are actually fairly small.

Not if they shatter an artery or any vital organ. Shooting a guy "in the shoulder" is a TV trope, not a real-life fact. And always remember the Chekov principle.

dennisr said:

The TSA....yet another government agency that fails it's people.

The answer? Privatize the TSA to hold these people accountable for their failure to catch a gun passing through screening. It's unfathomable to me that with all the procedures we have to go through and all the technology available in order to secure our skies that they miss a gun??? Privatize these guys so they're held accountable for their lackluster performance at work...

hannstew said:
You can say what you want, the difference is we dont get our panties in a wad when you do.

Isn't....'we don't get our knickers in a twist' :confused:

Back