Dental cost - is this reasonable?

Kirst

Registered
I visited the Dental House in Belgrano today for a check up and also because i lost a huge piece of my tooth yesterday. I had xrays taken and a girl quickly checked my teeth and was told i needed root canal treatment.
Cost for root canal treatment and hygiene 1450 pesos ie 1050 and 300. Does anyone think this is a reasonable price? i dont want to be given root canal treatment if a simple white filling would do!

k

I'm not a dentist so I can't even begin to tell you whether you got the right diagnosis or not, nor would I, if I were in your shoes, take the recommendation of anyone who was not.

I personally have never had a root canal, but that price fits comfortably into the ratio between what I pay for dental work here vs back in the USA. So thats my 2c

Kirst said:
I visited the Dental House in Belgrano today for a check up and also because i lost a huge piece of my tooth yesterday. I had xrays taken and a girl quickly checked my teeth and was told i needed root canal treatment.
Cost for root canal treatment and hygiene 1450 pesos ie 1050 and 300. Does anyone think this is a reasonable price? i dont want to be given root canal treatment if a simple white filling would do!

k

Are you in pain? If not, you may not need a root canal. Even if you have pain, get a second opinion.

What does "hygiene" mean in this context?

I would like to know the current prices for crowns and implants.

If anyone has some info, please post in this thread.

I just recently had an old amalgam filling taken out with a new filling and porcelan top was quoted $2000 pesos by 1 dentist and $2500 by another so either your work is really cheap or I'm getting ripped off. Maybe your quote doesn't include the crown.

Globecruzer said:
I just recently had an old amalgam filling taken out with a new filling and porcelan top was quoted $2000 pesos by 1 dentist and $2500 by another so either your work is really cheap or I'm getting ripped off. Maybe your quote doesn't include the crown.

Thanks GC, I had several root canals. If I remember correctly, one of them did not require a crown...

Did the prices you were quoted include a root canal procedure?

Hi Kirst, I also cannot comment on whether or not you need the root canal but I had one done end of last year. I looked up the costs (it was in Cordoba though so probably slightly cheaper than in BsAs): 1st consultation 35, root canal 230, medication 40, crown (porcelain) 880. Total 1185. They did a great job (my own dentist back home also said so). Hope this helps.

I went to Dental House two weeks ago. I felt it was like a factory. They quoted me $600us for a crown. No root canal.

At the suggestion of TomAtAlki I went to Dr Pelcman 4821 3734. He quoted the same price and his office just seemed more "tranquilo". I went with him. Plus he speaks English.

I had a porcelain crown done 3 months ago for 800 pesos
Reina

I am about to embark on more treatment that I started last year, but must say that although not expensive like back home, the costs are 40% more expensive than last time around - that's just in nine or so months. My root canal cost me 780 ARS, a crown was 1200 ARS.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
citygirl Expat Life 24
S Expat Life 12
Johnny Expat Life 7
TomAtAlki Expat Life 4
L Expat Life 43
Back