Dental cost - is this reasonable?

The price as 1050 which included everything, ie root canal plus crown. The cleaning was another 300 pesos. I was 'interveiwed" by the manager there and he knows I work as an English teacher here and have been here 2 years. I get the impression if you go there as a tourist, the price would be more! I agree, it seems factory-esque! It was full of people and queues!

Exactly one year ago in Córdoba, a root canal cost me 350 pesos.
My Canadian dentist says it was well done.

(including exam , xrays, root canal and filling)

It would have cost me 10X that in Canada.

The price as 1050 which included everything, ie root canal plus crown.
This is the price I got 2 weeks ago, but I have Hospital Italiano, so they discount 200 ARS on the spot and I think that I have the right to ask for all the amount back if I do only one root+crown per year. Of course, is 1050 ARS, not dollars. I think that dentistry is very good value in Argentina, maybe worth the plane ticket.

Last month I paid $400 US for a crown at Dr Pelcman's.

Next month, a cleaning for $400 pesos.

Tom had a implant and paid $900 US

Nancy

TomAtAlki said:

Nancy

Nancy--How does that compare to US prices? Where you satisfied overall?
And have they have switched from USD to pesos for payments? Or was that you doing the calculating--
Thanks
-S

I've had 3 root canals this year. (All roots were already dead.)

The cost for just the root canal was AR$500(each)... EFECTIVO!!

He puts in a temporary thing and clean up/filling/crown is done by my original dentist.

Root canal guy has a wall of certifications for continuing education/training and is a current(?)/former root canal professor at UBA. (Endontologia... or something like that.) all he does are root canals. He won't give you a root canal if you don't need it. Speaks very good English as well.

TomAtAlki said:

Nancy

My crown was about thos, but my gleanings I think are (were) half this. AR$200. They've probably gone up a bit, but not much.

I can tell you that root canal + crown in the US will run you several thousand dollars. I believe I paid 700+ USD for the root canal and the crown was 2K or so. So yes, considerable cost savings here.

Last year my dentist quoted me roughly 2000 pesos for root canal + crown and 3600 pesos for an implant.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
citygirl Expat Life 24
S Expat Life 12
Johnny Expat Life 7
TomAtAlki Expat Life 4
L Expat Life 43
Back