Dental Insurance -- HELP

sbrown

Registered
Hello

Happy Tuesday.
I need to have a lot of dental work done. Which is the best health care plan offered here which covers dental treatment ?

I do not have a DNI or a bank account.

Thanks so much

Dentists here are in general low quality. I've only found one that is very high quality and worth it, after years of looking. It might be worth it to do it in the USA....

I have also found a very very good dentist recommended by a friend who has lived here for years. But not cheap.

Hi Sbrown, is you Dentist with Swiss Medical? If so could you pass me their details?? I need a Swiss Med dentist...if anyone has any Swiss covered recommendations?? Thanks!

I don't know which insurance company he is with but have just emailed the surgery to find out. I will let you know.

OSDE covers cosmetic dentistry among other things. You might have to wait 3 months before you can claim for it though.

MorganF said:
Dentists here are in general low quality. I've only found one that is very high quality and worth it, after years of looking. It might be worth it to do it in the USA....

This is a ridiculous statement. In the U.S., there are some excellent dentists and some truly crap ones. In Argentina, there are some excellent dentists and some truly crap ones. Same as in any country (only in the US, you're paying 3-4 times as much, even for shoddy care.)

starlucia said:
In Argentina, there are some excellent dentists and some truly crap ones.

Yes, unfortunately I've found both here. From what I have been told, most dentist don't work with the general insurance that's out there. It's usually a pay up front situation here. I can give you my dentist info if you like. PM me.

my US dentist is an idiot

See....US dentist are are not perfect!

i have hominis insurance for 203 pesos a month and it covers dental as well as dermatology. i've been to the dentist twice in Palermo, no complaints. PM me if you want any more info.

Back