depilación definitivo/laser hair removal

Kyra said:
Oh, I really want to do this...but I'm afraid they will burn me, specially in the bikini-area. I'm not afraid of pain, but I'm afraid of getting scars..

I did my legs but need to continue the treatments. I'm thinking I'll go to the lasermed recommended by skibunny. If you are really concerned, then make an appointment to talk to the people there to explain everything to you and ask them to do a test. They should be able to do this. They may never have been asked to do a test before. So they could be surprised. But it doesn't matter so much, you just want to go and see how they react & how yo get along with them.

Once you get the person you like, stick with him/her & insist that they are the only ones to do the treatments.

How does it go for the legs : for how do you have to stay out of the sun before and after? That might be a problem here...

mini said:
I did my legs but need to continue the treatments. I'm thinking I'll go to the lasermed recommended by skibunny. If you are really concerned, then make an appointment to talk to the people there to explain everything to you and ask them to do a test. They should be able to do this. They may never have been asked to do a test before. So they could be surprised. But it doesn't matter so much, you just want to go and see how they react & how yo get along with them.

Once you get the person you like, stick with him/her & insist that they are the only ones to do the treatments.

Thanks for the great advice! Could you post a reply here on how lasermed was? I want to try it to! 120 pesos is nothing...I love the idea of having less hair, espacially when travelling :)

katti said:
How does it go for the legs : for how do you have to stay out of the sun before and after? That might be a problem here...

It's great for legs. You do probably need more treatements but I noticed right away less hair growing back.

I usually do the treatments in the winter. Plus I wear pants most of the time & I'm not a beachy person, so I works out for me.

Kyra said:
Thanks for the great advice! Could you post a reply here on how lasermed was? I want to try it to! 120 pesos is nothing...I love the idea of having less hair, espacially when travelling :)

This is on my list! But since it's coming up to summer I'll have to wait. You really can't do this in the summer. You have to stay out of the sun when you are doing these treatments.

I'm currently going to Bodywrap in Barrio Norte. The prices are listed on their website, but you can get a coupon from Jumbo (and I think CarrerFour) for 50% off. You have to buy 6 sessions at once and they prefer for you to pay cash, but I got away with using a credit card and still got the discount. So I bought 6 sessions for two different areas and paid about US $350 total. The person that does my IPL treatments speaks English and I've found the whole experience to be a good one. PM me for details or if you have any questions! :)

I had laser done in the U.S. and loved it. I paid $4k for full leg, bikini, and underarm - you can do it much cheaper here for sure.

To answer a previous question, every time you get treatment you have a permanent hair reduction of 10-20%. The reason you have to space your appointments is because the laser can only target and kill actively growing hair folicles, and at any one time only 10-20% are active.

I wrote to my laser guy in the U.S. to ask him for information about getting lasered here on behalf of another friend, and this was his response:

~~

Two devices for your friend to stay away from: IPL (also known as Intense Pulsed Light) [It does not work.] and Diode Laser (they say that it doesn't hurt but that's because it just stunts growth, it doesn't eliminate it).

The key questions that one is supposed to pose when choosing a laser clinic are the following:

-Does the laser clinic have the right kind of laser for my skin type: Alexandrite for Fitzpatrick skin types 1 to 4, and Nd:YAG for skin types 5 and 6 (and types 1 through 4 who have been tanned or in tanning)
-Does the laser clinic ask you for a medical history
-Does the laser clinic do test spots
-Is the technician certified (Google "CLHRP" to see what certified looks like) or just a nurse who is trying to make a quick buck running a laser
-Does the client/patient feel comfortable with the clinic, the staff, and confident that his/her safety will be of primary concern and satisfaction of secondary concern

~~

I hope this helps. I wouldn't worry too much about getting burned or scarred as long as the place seems legit; using the laser is not that complicated, just a point and shoot procedure.

One thing you definitely need to be aware of, however, is that your legs need to be shaved immediately beforehand or it's not as effective. So, ask if they want you to shave before or if they will shave you there. If they say it isn't important and there's no need to shave, DO NOT use that place!

EliA said:
I wouldn't worry too much about getting burned or scarred as long as the place seems legit; using the laser is not that complicated, just a point and shoot procedure.

Your post is great ... but for your sentence up there. You can get burnt if the laser is not set up right for you skin type or if the operator is a complete boob! (Technical term! ;) )

I did get burnt when my normal person wasn't available for my appointment. The replacement burnt me (I'd never been burnt before) to the point I had a few scabs! Luckily it wasn't so bad as to have scared but I was POd and from them on insisted on the same person for every session.

Right, that's why I said it should be legit, meaning that you do the research and ask the right questions before getting started. I know it's not totally uncommon to suffer burns if the laser is not calibrated correctly, but anyone who answers that list of questions should know what they are doing.

And, even if after asking the questions and getting the right answers you STILL get burned, well, that's one of the potential complications of undergoing a procedure like this. As long as you've done everything possible to avoid it, my point was there's no need to worry about it until it happens!

EliA said:
Two devices for your friend to stay away from: IPL (also known as Intense Pulsed Light) [It does not work.] and Diode Laser (they say that it doesn't hurt but that's because it just stunts growth, it doesn't eliminate it).

I think the advice you gave, EliA, is great! Thanks for sharing it. I agree, it's very important to get a test done to ensure that you don't have any adverse reactions before signing up for the whole package of treatments. However, I disagree with the blanket statement that IPL does not work. There are so many stories and reviews online that say otherwise. Also, as I mentioned previously, I'm on my second treatment of 6 and I definitely see a change. It's a slow change, but I'm confident that after all 6 sessions are complete the hair growth will be stunted dramatically. The cycle already is slower.

Anyway, I think everyone should read up on the treatment options available and determine which would be the best option for them. Do not just discount one treatment type because one person says it won't work. Do your research! :) IPL and laser both operate in the same way, by emitting light that damages the hair follicle. I have read some reviews (on RealSelf.com) that IPL users have been dissatisfied with the results when working with facial hair. I've read in many places online that IPL isn't ideal for fine, light hair (or for dark skin). You really just have to do your research to determine what is best for your hair and skin type. Good luck!

I am new on this site, however I am from Florida USA and I can help any doctor ,aesthetician or medical practioner that is looking to save money on any Laser ,IPL for their Medspa.
Our company sells preowned cosmetic medical equipment and can save you 50% or less for any unit. www.skincarepro.com
Any cosmetic procedure that you can think of we have the equipment
hair removal,rosecea,acne,brown spots,wrinkles,cellulite,photo rejuvenation, and much more...
I am looking to speaking with you .Also if you prefer a call from me I will be glad to do so as well.

Dalet

Back