Developing Story: LATAM Argentina will permanently cease operations

Will Delta redeem the Miles and coupons for travel---?
If I am not mistaken, LATAM Pass does not have a separate Argentine entity so tickets purchased with miles for travel on Delta should not be affected since tickets would be issued by LA and not 4M (LATAM Argentina) and visa versa. All miles are safe, just less options to use them within Argentina and travel to the US may cost more miles since no longer as many direct options (only DL)

For customers with existing LATAM Argentina operated international flights, can imagine they will just be booked on other LATAM flights and probably need to make a stop in GRU/ GIG/ ASU / LIM/ SCL instead of flying direct to wherever they are going.

Reactions: ben
This is another step in the Governments plan to kill competition and turn Argentina in Argenzuela. Keep going Alberto - keep digging the hole.

LAN Argentina wasn't a money maker in 2018/19 , and will not have been in the foreseeable future. A good business decision Cut your losses..!

I am sad to see LATAM / Argentina cease operations. I flew with them a couple of times and my experience was good.

Some change is good, some change is bad. This change is disappointing to me. I will miss LATAM / Argentina.

Last edited:
Back