Dhl And Ezeiza

John1017

Registered
I know this topic has been discussed but I wanted to see if anyone had any recent updates.

My parents sent me a package from Oregon, which contained documentation for my wife's visa, little did I know my mom, as nice as she is, innocently included baby clothes for my future baby. Now it appears the package is stuck in Ezieza.

I've never had to pick up a package in Ezieza. I've been to retiro several times to pick things up. Now I'm trying not to lose my head and curse to high heavens this country, but come on.

Does anyone have any tricks or tips to getting a DHL package stuck in customs at Ezeiza. I don't have a lot of money and really can't afford any fees. Can I tell them to return to sender and have my parents just send me the documentation I need and not the baby clothes?

Thanks

Did you get a notification through the door?
I'm not sure how it works with DHL, but with postal items you get a note from the postman ( I got a telegram ffs!) then you have to go online and fill out a sworn declaration, print it all out and take it all to the aircraft hangar at EZE.
You need a CUIT number to do the online forms.
Maybe DHL will help guide you through it.

For anyone interested I would not use DHL for anything.

I went down to DHL's office near the casa rosada, on AV. Belgrano. Picked up the paperwork.

Today I took the 8 bus from ONCE all the way to Ezieza, if anyone has done that it sure is a cheap way to get to the airport, but man, it takes a long time with lots of twist and turns.

Anyways I got to the airport and found the customs terminal which is basically the last terminal before leaving the airport, just keep walking if you are in the departure terminal.

I gave them the paperwork from DHL and they took my picture and printed me out a security clearance card. I then went to the building that says particular and way in the back, just follow the signs, I found customs. I gave them the paperwork and she said, there is a fee and she said 660 pesos. I said what? Yes, for a ten dollar package they want 660 pesos, I said why and she said because of some laws about clothing and because they had to store it, and they stored it in a safe place, I said that's complete BS and left, anyways they say that I either need to pay, or take the paperwork back to DHL and have them return to sender, which they said would take six months.

I know others have stated this but customs here really is the mafia, and they kidnap packages and extort you. I told the customs lady before I left, And you guys call us buitres. Anyways Im going to go back to ezeizA tomorrow with the money and chalk it up as lesson learned.

Don't use DHL to send anytime of clothes, especially new baby clothes.

For anyone interested I would not use DHL for anything.

I went down to DHL's office near the casa rosada, on AV. Belgrano. Picked up the paperwork.

Today I took the 8 bus from ONCE all the way to Ezieza, if anyone has done that it sure is a cheap way to get to the airport, but man, it takes a long time with lots of twist and turns.

Anyways I got to the airport and found the customs terminal which is basically the last terminal before leaving the airport, just keep walking if you are in the departure terminal.

I gave them the paperwork from DHL and they took my picture and printed me out a security clearance card. I then went to the building that says particular and way in the back, just follow the signs, I found customs. I gave them the paperwork and she said, there is a fee and she said 660 pesos. I said what? Yes, for a ten dollar package they want 660 pesos, I said why and she said because of some laws about clothing and because they had to store it, and they stored it in a safe place, I said that's complete BS and left, anyways they say that I either need to pay, or take the paperwork back to DHL and have them return to sender, which they said would take six months.

I know others have stated this but customs here really is the mafia, and they kidnap packages and extort you. I told the customs lady before I left, And you guys call us buitres. Anyways Im going to go back to ezeizA tomorrow with the money and chalk it up as lesson learned.

Don't use DHL to send anytime of clothes, especially new baby clothes.

Yeah, this is all true, but it's not just DHL.... don't send packages here, period.

I had it with TNT, but as it was two suitcases of clothes I had to suck up the 600 (or whatever it was) pesos to get the stuff. I also had to go into the depot with the guy so he could inspect my bag. Funny because my auntie had put a lock on it and not told me the code, so you can imagine the looks I had. I just told them to cut the bag to see the stuff. This was all after I had gone to the TNT office for the paperwork.

All in all it was a shit day. I hate having to pay stupid amounts of money for my own stuff.

I know this topic has been discussed but I wanted to see if anyone had any recent updates.

My parents sent me a package from Oregon, which contained documentation for my wife's visa, little did I know my mom, as nice as she is, innocently included baby clothes for my future baby. Now it appears the package is stuck in Ezieza.

I've never had to pick up a package in Ezieza. I've been to retiro several times to pick things up. Now I'm trying not to lose my head and curse to high heavens this country, but come on.

Does anyone have any tricks or tips to getting a DHL package stuck in customs at Ezeiza. I don't have a lot of money and really can't afford any fees. Can I tell them to return to sender and have my parents just send me the documentation I need and not the baby clothes?

Thanks

The package is being held by ADUANAS that charges $$$$ per day for storage in addition to the value of the contents.

This reminds me of the time my son sent wedding photos along with a new notebook. The box was sent via Federal Express, scanned by Aduanas, and held for storage and value charges. I went to Ezeiza, got the news that I owed storage charges of $25US per day plus the approximate value of the notebook. The package was never opened in my presence. I told them to keep it because I didn't have the money to pay for the gifts. They claimed that the contents would be sold at an auction, but my guess is an employee got a US notebook as a nice bonus.

Start working on the visa paperwork again.

We've had luck with sending via the usps but it takes several weeks if not several months, and you still have to go to retiro and wait several hours. I just don't get it, I didn't think Argentines understand efficient systems. It's as if they are just pretending to live in the 21st century. I can't insult Argentina too much because Argentina did give me my beautiful wife, but man, Argentina has some serious issues. It is a big luxury we take for granted in the USA being able to order online, or ship packages and have things arrive on time at your door.

I'm nervous for the time my argentine wife and I live in the USA and she discovers Amazon, I'm going to have to hide that credit cards.

"Just pretending to live in the 21st century" is a pretty good description of the current situation. I may have to borrow it.

I have received several (smaller) packages without problems over the years. All came via USPS/Correo Argentino as USPS Priority Mail. Only once was a package returned, that was sent via USPS First-Class International. Apparently it was held at customs but I had never received the note telling me to go to customs. So after it was not claimed for a while they sent it back.

I didn't even receive any note or slip here at my apartment where my package was sent, I just read on the DHL tracking site, that it was waiting for clearance, which is what prompted me to go to DHLs office, where they told me about having to go to Ezeiza.
In other news, I'm glad I don't live in Venezuela.

TNT tried to charge me 600 pesos import tax on a fucking replacement debit card.. I told them to politely stick it up their ass.. They are all criminals and the system is a massive scam. They keep everything that doesn't get picked up as well - this whole 'return to sender' is complete bullshit.

Back