Did Justice Die ... James Comey ?

The "Big Fix" was clear when Bill and Hillary met the AG (Lynch) on the plane and BHO announced he would campaign with HRC before Comey made the announcement not to indict.
emo32.gif

The AG denied this publicly, as did Bill. But they're Democrats so obviously they're lying of course. It was not clear at all, just your speculative claim.

What I find curious is that Petraeus was convicted for negligence and did not have the intention of revealing state secrets. If intention is part of breaking this law, then why is it that others did not intend to reveal classified information were convicted? She is clearly in violation of the law. Comey said she was "extremely careless" instead of negligent. I think either that a)he is under pressure by very powerful forces, or B) the implications of this would be like a tsunami to the entire current administration and would not be prudent. Clearly, she also committed a crime by lying to the FBI.

Anyways, we all know there is one standard for the rich and political class, and another for the rest of us.

The AG denied this publicly, as did Bill. But they're Democrats so obviously they're lying of course. It was not clear at all, just your speculative claim.

Being Democrats has very little to do with it.

If Richard Nixon had met with Ford's AG in a similar setup in late 1975, do you think they'd be extended the benefit of the doubt by those who are not extending it to Bill and the AG?

Is the notion of the Clintons being unsavory people who have no patience for little people stuff like honesty and the law, a Republican notion? It may sure have seemed so - until 2008, when Democrats were suddenly permitted to ask themselves if they trust her. That's pretty much what Obama's primary campaign was about - that Hillary was a calculating flip-flopper. As you may have read, Obama won that argument.

And it's not like Democrats today seem to share your forgiving attitude regarding the airplane incident. Nobody is sticking their head out to defend Bill - indeed, everyone around, particularly the Democratic establishment, seems to be seething at him for having created this mess.

=====

The fact of the matter is that once you get to a high enough level politically, punishment for low-level (or lower-level) sins must be political, rather than administrative, in nature. Any lower-level functionary, even if not charged, would certainly be fired and/or have their clearance revoked - but when you're the Secretary, nobody except the President can fire you.

And if you're running for President, nobody can really do anything to you except press charges (and anybody who thinks a conviction could have been won, by a reasonable jury duly instructed, is delusional, ignorant or both). The only punishment HRC could get at this point would be political.

The way a normal democracy functions is that an educated, discriminating and discerning body politic would find her conduct, as assessed by Comey, so revolting and dishonest that she could never win an election, much less mere months later. But as this election makes crystal clear, the choices made on all levels by democratic America are not the choices that a discerning, discriminating body politic would make.

Being Democrats has very little to do with it.

I was being sarcastic. I'm certainly no supporter of Hilary, nor a supporter of the Democratic Party. I would vote for her instead of the Trumpster, but only because it would be the lesser of two evils.

Back