Did Trump save Venezuela?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received an email from the US Embassy:

A demonstration is expected to take place Monday, February 18, beginning at 5 p.m. at Plaza Italia. The demonstration is then expected to move in the vicinity of the U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires. Police sources estimate upwards of 500 protestors could participate in the march, organized by a group known to incite disorder. The group intends to protest U.S. policy and recent actions towards Venezuela.

Thanks for the info. I want to participate. The US should keep its nose out of Venezuela's business and pay more attention to its own citizens.
I wonder how many desperately poor and despairing Venezuelans are just glad that the US, somebody, anybody, is finally doing something.

Has anyone asked local venezuelans their opinion yet, face to face, no media bias in between?

I wonder how many desperately poor and despairing Venezuelans are just glad that the US, somebody, anybody, is finally doing something.

Yes, the perpetuation of the "Salvador" mentality. Someone, anyone, will come and rescue us from ourselves and fix everything that we ourselves cannot fix.
Guess how Chavez got elected in the first place?

Has anyone asked local venezuelans their opinion yet, face to face, no media bias in between?
the ones that i know personally all welcome any effort to get maduro out of office and welcome US aid/humanitarian help. but that is only a small sample of people of course, the problem is there is no real reliable way to get to the truth.

one of my colleagues just traveled to maricaibo last month for a funeral. the stuff he described going on there is nuts.

I am of the opinion that Trump SPENT Venezuela.
In the same way the Jimmy Buffet once had enough money to buy Miami, but he Pissed it all away.

Maduro IS blocking humanitarian aid. He'd prefer that the Venezuelan people die of malnutrition or lack of medicine so that he can stay in power:

From the NYT, 21 February:

" MEDELLÍN, Colombia — President Nicolás Maduro of Venezuela ordered its border with Brazil closed Thursday, part of his escalating effort to stop opponents from sending humanitarian aid into his poverty-stricken country.
Juan Guaidó, the parliamentary opposition leader who declared himself president of Venezuela last month, has vowed to bring tons of aid donated by the United States and others into Venezuela on Saturday. Mr. Maduro, who has called Mr. Guaidó an American lackey, has vowed not to let the aid in.
The Brazil-border closure, announced on television, followed a Venezuelan government announcement on Wednesday that it would block air and sea travel between Venezuela and three Caribbean islands where the opposition said it wished to stage relief supplies.
“It’s better to prevent than to regret,” said Mr. Maduro."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back