Did Trump save Venezuela?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan, Your comments are worse than fake. They are devoid of compassion. People are dying because of the tyrant running Venezuela. Yesterday Maduro's goons opened fire on Venezuelans, killing several.

Venezuela despliega su sistema de misiles rusos S-300 en la frontera con Brasil

Maduro has apparently ordered the S-300 air defense system to be moved to the Brazilian border. If true, this is a HIGHLY provocative move, as it allows the Venezuelan military to target and shoot down aircraft deep inside Brazilian air space.

The problem here is that at just 11km from the border, the Venezuelan S-300 is well within striking range of the Brazilian ASTROS 2020 high precision/high volume artillery system, and it can wipe of off the map with a single volley.
Strategically speaking, it makes no sense for Maduro to place the S-300 so close the border, unless if he is really planning to start a war.

"Brazil firmly believes that it is possible to return Venezuela to the democratic coexistence of the Americas without the use of any extreme measures that would lump us with those nations that will be judged by history as aggressors, invaders and violators of national sovereignties"

--Brazilian vice-president General Mourao taking a jab at the Trump administration and the standard US foreign policy typically supported by both Republicans and Democrats (depending on which party controls the White House sat the time).

Venezuela despliega su sistema de misiles rusos S-300 en la frontera con Brasil

Maduro has apparently ordered the S-300 air defense system to be moved to the Brazilian border. If true, this is a HIGHLY provocative move, as it allows the Venezuelan military to target and shoot down aircraft deep inside Brazilian air space.

The problem here is that at just 11km from the border, the Venezuelan S-300 is well within striking range of the Brazilian ASTROS 2020 high precision/high volume artillery system, and it can wipe of off the map with a single volley.
Strategically speaking, it makes no sense for Maduro to place the S-300 so close the border, unless if he is really planning to start a war.

Just a few months you mocked the possibility that Brazil and Venezuela will go to war in the next years . It looks like this is highly possible and I would make a bet that before the end of 2021 its a 70% possibility .

I mocked the possibility raised here of Brazil ATTACKING Venezuela and I continue to do so. And the current Brazilian government has publicly joined me on such a mockery. Anyone who made or continues to make such claim is CLUELESS about Brazil.
Now, if Venezuela fires the first round, that is a completely different story.

more real news...

I like watching both sides, but how do you determine what is "real news" and what is false? Do you visit Venezuela? Do you ask Venezuelans here in Argentina?

I don't have time or interest in listening to fake news.
On the eve of another US war for oil, Abby Martin debunks the most repeated myths about Venezuela and uncovers how US sanctions are crimes against humanity with UN Investigator and Human Rights Rapporteur Alfred De Zayas.

Last edited:
I don't have time or interest in listening to fake news.

I agree, no one wants to listen to fake news. But you didn't answer the question, which is: How do you determine what is fake news and what isn't, in the case of Venezuela? Have you spoken with any Venezuelans?

I'm very skeptical of most news, whether mainstream or whatever. Sometimes I'm unsure of what to believe. That's why I'm curious how you came to be confident that the news you're posting is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back