Didnt think id ever say this.....I NEED FRIENDS

Hello everyone,

My friend and I (24, males, from the USA) are also looking to meet people in BA. We live in Recoleta. It looks like momentum for a meetup sorta stalled here, but if people are still interested we'd like to tag along too! Sooo, is anybody free tomorrow (Friday) night or Saturday? Anybody want to suggest a place (maybe Recoleta or Palermo)? Hope to hear back soon!

Hi everyone.

I too am new here. Just arrived from California and would also be interested in meeting some folks. I'm here on holiday so my schedule is pretty open.

Let's get something going!

Esau

Ok, I think my friend and I are going to check out Antares pub in Palermo (address is Armenia 1447) tonight, at 8pm or so. It would be great if any of you decide to join us. Look for a bearded guy with an orange polo shirt.

Hey everyone... I'll be coming to down BA next week from the US. It's me (25), my girlfriend (24) and my other friend (26). Has anybody gotten together from this forum yet? I'll be in San Telmo. Any ideas?

Okay - here goes nothing :) Would love to hang out with you guys for a few pints (well in my case a few jagers or a few reds - or even a few scotches:) but I'm um '40 something' and from what I can tell reading the above most of you guys are just a tad younger than I am :) Still I'll be living in Recoleta for two weeks - 28th June to about 14th July - its my first 'reccy' to see how the place feels and see if I feel like I'm going to be okay making the move down there permanently in December/January...

If any of you guys can handle a night out - pub crawl - whatever - with an old fart like me let me know :)

I'm actually pretty young in my outlook and look way younger than I am - but most of all I know how to party and enjoy myself :)

John.

Have you guys tried Pub Crawling? Plenty of foreigners attending to it every week who came here for working(teaching English) or studying.

Plenty of foreigners attending to it every week
Not meaning specifically you Goudron, but is this typical...and then accuse Argentines of being unfriendly and not very wellcoming. Oh, on top of that some people have been in Argentina over two years and the only thing they can say in Castellano is 'muchos gracias' or a similar barbaridad.

I am older than all that posted in this thread. However, I highly recommend you consider Spanglish events. You will meet lots of people - most of your age group. It is a social event - but you also learn a bit of Spanish and/or English.

I have made some AMAZING good friends through these events. Very fun, and very relaxed.

You can join in San Telno (Wednesday nights) or Palermo (Thursday nights). Also - on most Saturdays they have an event and then join the Pub Crawl.

Only $20 pesos and it includes one drink - to get you warmed up.

http://www.spanglishexchange.com/

Hope too see you there sometime!

Dee

malbec said:
..this typical...and then accuse Argentines of being unfriendly and not very wellcoming. Oh, on top of that some people have been in Argentina over two years and the only thing they can say in Castellano is 'muchos gracias' or a similar barbaridad.

Your post just proves that some Argentines are, in fact, unfriendly and not very welcoming. Harping on a miss-spelt word is definitely unfriendly.

Specially when you yourself commit a "similar barbaridad" when you spell "wellcoming" with two "ls". The correct spelling is "welcoming".

Back