Diego Armando Maradona Dead at 60.

What difference does it make? He had a more interesting, eventful live than all of us here combined. Easy for life's timid men to throw stones at those who have really lived. Who are we? Nobodies.
Your post is presumptuous and arrogant. As to "who are we? nobodies" how about try limiting your speech to yourself? I didn't spend my life in a drug and alcohol induced fog nor cozy up to dictators. Please don't let me hinder your idol worshiping. Reign in your desire to pass judgements on people you know nothing about.

Last edited:
While his sporting merits go without saying, his personal character is hardly role model material for current and future generations.

Cannot understand why the government are hosting his cadaver in the casa rosada and making it a matter of state only serving to promulgate a personality cult around a person who is otherwise a drug addict, woman bashing, irresponsible spreader of hatred and social division. Unless that is exactly how they want their future Argentines and voters...

More appropriate in my view would have been recognition by the state of loosing a great sportsman, but a polite distancing from the man himself who can be farewelled in private or by his club.

What difference does it make? He had a more interesting, eventful live than all of us here combined. Easy for life's timid men to throw stones at those who have really lived. Who are we? Nobodies.

I'm sorry but that quite frankly is all a load of drivel.

Your post is presumptuous and arrogant. As to "who are we? nobodies" how about try limiting your speech to yourself? I didn't spend my life in a drug and alcohol induced fog nor cozy up to dictators. Please don't let me hinder your idol worshiping. Reign in your desire to pass judgements on people you know nothing about.
Oh, the irony.

Wow Greg S's comments really triggered some people.

I can say that I agree with who are we to pass judgement.

The guy grew up poor, without an education, don't know about his family life but probably wasn't the best. Due to his athletic ability he is worshipped by the public at a young age, unsavory characters take advantage of him, women throw themselves at him, drugs and alcohol pushed him front of him. What do you expect to happen? Nothing good can come out of that. Does that excuse his behavior...no, but you can understand that he wasn't equipped to handle it.

You can appreciate a piece of art, book, music without approving of the artists personal life and decisions, I think we can apply the same principle to athletics.

Are the restrictions on funerals because of Covid-19 still in place? If so, his funeral is a perfect opportunity for the government to enforce its policies.

The funeral is at a cemetery in the city of Bella Vista, Prov of BsAs...
21 September 2020
The protocol for cemeteries in the Province of Buenos Aires...

One protocol for cemeteries another for Plazo del Mayo. Alberto up close and personal with fans taking selfies; fans jumping over the fence to Casa Rosada because the square is so tightly packed.
Government/ Maradona fans are not covid risks, only opposition protestors.

Back