Digital nomad visa questions

I recently received a job offer for a company that are happy for me to work in Argentina. I plan to come in a few months and stay for around 12 weeks.

Is it a better idea for me to enter with a tourist visa or to apply for the digital nomad visa? Does anyone know what the turnaround on a digital nomad visa would be? i.e. if I applied 2 weeks before flying out to Argentina would this be problematic?
I see no gain on the DN visa. In fact, States are always looking for tax you. It is always better to apply for a student visa where you are seen as non taxable.

I recently received a job offer for a company that are happy for me to work in Argentina. I plan to come in a few months and stay for around 12 weeks.

Is it a better idea for me to enter with a tourist visa or to apply for the digital nomad visa? Does anyone know what the turnaround on a digital nomad visa would be? i.e. if I applied 2 weeks before flying out to Argentina would this be problematic?
if you're only staying 12 weeks there is zero point to the digital nomad visa.

if you're only staying 12 weeks there is zero point to the digital nomad visa.
As 12 weeks = 84 days what point is there in applying for any visa?

The 90 day tourist permit should suffice and if you want to stay an aditional 90 days you can get an extension (prorroga de permanencia) for $4000 pesos.

If you are "working" remotely on line and not being paid in Argentina, how is anyone going to know?

As 12 weeks = 84 days what point is there in applying for any visa?

The 90 day tourist permit should suffice and if you want to stay an aditional 90 days you can get an extension (prorroga de permanencia) for $4000 pesos.

If you are "working" remotely on line and not being paid in Argentina, how is anyone going to know?

My concern would be that I’d likely bring both my personal and work laptops with me, would this be problematic going through the scanners post-migration? I know for example this can be problematic in Mexico.

Id be quite tempted to potentially do, say, 15 weeks and then return home for a month - but I worry that an extension could be problematic for trying to renter the country a month later, albeit flying from Europe

In any case, I am so excited to return to Buenos Aires, 2 weeks earlier this year was my first ever trip and I really miss it

My concern would be that I’d likely bring both my personal and work laptops with me, would this be problematic going through the scanners post-migration? I know for example this can be problematic in Mexico.

Id be quite tempted to potentially do, say, 15 weeks and then return home for a month - but I worry that an extension could be problematic for trying to renter the country a month later, albeit flying from Europe

In any case, I am so excited to return to Buenos Aires, 2 weeks earlier this year was my first ever trip and I really miss it
To clarify I worry if I were to extend, return to Europe a month after the extension, and then return a month later that this would not permit me a further 90 days or impede any further entry into the country

To clarify I worry if I were to extend, return to Europe a month after the extension, and then return a month later that this would not permit me a further 90 days or impede any further entry into the country
you have nothing to worry about with this plan. nor with your computers, except for maybe if both are brand new MacBooks then you might get some attention.

After almost 7 months, it is still, "TRAMITE EN PROCESO DE SUPERVISION". I could renew my precaria every month throughout the process. But I am wondering if anyone could receive it.

After almost 7 months, it is still, "TRAMITE EN PROCESO DE SUPERVISION". I could renew my precaria every month throughout the process. But I am wondering if anyone could receive it.
Go to DNM at 8:30 with a pendrive and ask for a vista. They give you the file in pdf and there you can read the internal memos in order to know what is going on.

Back