Digital nomad visa questions

Nowadays and in future the Colonia runs are dead because there are going to be tight controls because of the pandemia.
In my opinion, you might have a deportation order in process because this is what happens when you fail to get residency. So, you should ask for a vista of your file having in mind that you have 3 working days to appeal after that. It means that you then must submit all the papers. However, now, your issue is to prove your income here, something they are going to request.
In my opinion, your have a trasightforward case for citizenship having spoons and children argentines while at the DNU 70/2017 it does not really matters.
You can apply by yourself because the DNU didn't affect the marriage and paternity or art. 2.2 of law 346 but then you have to wait until the quarantine is over.
Last week there was a decisión of the Chamber of appeals that, plus an administrative decision of Supreme Court, allow the work 100% digital. It means that if you hire a lawyer, you can start the case right away. This is important, no matter how long it takes (because you cannot do the fingerprints or domicile certificate our translations) because there are new leading precedents that bans the deportation or rejection at the border of citizenship applicants.
Having a local family is difficult for you to be rejected, forget the Colonia runs however, but they might think you are a criminal and for this reason you didn´t apply for legal residency.
For the citizenship case your foreign income is Ok.
Spanish was banned by SC as a requirement recently.
Thank you!

I understand the point with Colonia. Certainly now and probably also in the near future. What surprises me is the point with the ongoing deportation order. The second attempt that failed was over one year ago. Since then I re-entered Argentina 4 times, without any problems. So if it was not an issue until now, why would it now be a problem during Covid (where probably most people at Migraciones do not work). I would also assume when they scan the passport at the border that my name would pop up in the system if there would be a deportation order.

The other question I have is: If I make let's say 10'000 USD per month in the company, I could define how much would be paid out as salary, and how much I leave in the company. A) What would be the minimum amount required as salary to prove my income. And B) according to the double tax agreement, I would also have to pay taxes based on my (non-distributed) gains I make in the company (although European based). On my salary I would certainly have to pay local taxes here. But - my thinking is - that on B in practice no taxes are paid in practice.

And lastly: I read that you need to have at least two years of residency here before applying for citizenship. Is this information wrong or outdated then? And in terms of

The deportation is automatic when you fail legal residency. It takes time and Chinese have priority, but it always arrives unless they loose your file, something doesn’t happens since it is digital.
Durinh Covid-19 all deportation procedures are banned by decree.
There is no minimum. You already replied yourself.
2 years is not for art. 2.2 (marriage and paternity). However, the 2 years are for getting citizenship not for applying in the domicile clause.

What about my expats friends who live here for years with tourist visas (without ever having applied for a legal residency)? What are their chances of facing a problem when entering the country?

When I did the process last year, I did the electronic process in full. I had then an appointment at Migraciones to show the scanned documents in original. The only thing that I did not have present was a confirmation / receipt of the payment for the residency and the paper / of the antecedentes penales (which I found more than strange, as without this payment you don't get through the process, and the antecedentes penales was issued in electronic form). So do you think I have to re-submit all documents again? Probably I will also have to get again the original documents in order, especially the antecedentes penales of my home country.

What about my expats friends who live here for years with tourist visas (without ever having applied for a legal residency)? What are their chances of facing a problem when entering the country?

When I did the process last year, I did the electronic process in full. I had then an appointment at Migraciones to show the scanned documents in original. The only thing that I did not have present was a confirmation / receipt of the payment for the residency and the paper / of the antecedentes penales (which I found more than strange, as without this payment you don't get through the process, and the antecedentes penales was issued in electronic form). So do you think I have to re-submit all documents again? Probably I will also have to get again the original documents in order, especially the antecedentes penales of my home country.
It is impossible to know. Now the frontiers are closed and it is reasonable they are going to be strict when they re open them in September. Perhaps from where he is going to come from is going to be more important (EEUU, Brasil, Spain, Italy, France, Ecuador and Chile are probably going to be banned).

Regarding your case, the only way is to see the file asking for a vista (a view) where they give you the full file in PDF.

It is actually a visa thou, probably under the residencia transitoria. It will cost 200 dollars to apply online.

This only applies if you work for somebody. I quit my last job in 1978, so I am not eligible.

This only applies if you work for somebody. I quit my last job in 1978, so I am not eligible.
Probably an endorsement from a single-member LLC will be enough.

Back