Digital Nomad Visa

there are very few flights arriving international to AEP. you likely will arrive into EZE.
That’s true. In any case, I am flying from the U.K. so pretty much all flights are via Sao Paolo - some arriving at AEP and some at EZE

AEP is much nicer to arrive to, much closer to the residential areas of CABA. EZE is now a nice airport, quite efficient, but (depending on traffic), you can spend an hour or so in a taxi from there. Most intercontinental flights into EZE arrive in the early morning, which gets you into the rush hour traffic with almost perfect timing.

I've traveled with 2 laptops plus a Kindle and a spare phone in my backpack with no questions asked, let alone problems. YMMV, of course, and I don't know what regulations might be currently in effect. But two laptops seems reasonable. Last time I arrived (at EZE) with a catalytic converter for my car, the customs guys just pointed me to the exit door, it was around 6am and maybe they didn't want to have to deal with someone like me that early.

Regarding working here, a lawyer, Bajo Cero, occasionally comments here and I believe he has posted the relevant section of the constitution where it says people are entitled to come here to work. You might not want to have to fight that through the courts, but maybe it would be enough to convince your HR department?

AEP is much nicer to arrive to, much closer to the residential areas of CABA. EZE is now a nice airport, quite efficient, but (depending on traffic), you can spend an hour or so in a taxi from there. Most intercontinental flights into EZE arrive in the early morning, which gets you into the rush hour traffic with almost perfect timing.

I've traveled with 2 laptops plus a Kindle and a spare phone in my backpack with no questions asked, let alone problems. YMMV, of course, and I don't know what regulations might be currently in effect. But two laptops seems reasonable. Last time I arrived (at EZE) with a catalytic converter for my car, the customs guys just pointed me to the exit door, it was around 6am and maybe they didn't want to have to deal with someone like me that early.

Regarding working here, a lawyer, Bajo Cero, occasionally comments here and I believe he has posted the relevant section of the constitution where it says people are entitled to come here to work. You might not want to have to fight that through the courts, but maybe it would be enough to convince your HR department?

EZE was indeed nice but the traffic was kinda long, along with trying to get myself a local SIM card at the airport involving a long queue.

I didnt have any tech really beyond a phone and an iPad last time and was fine through customs. Actually I was most worried about bringing around 12 cans of craft beer as the guidance for whether I could bring this or not wasn’t clear haha.

From a HR perspective, my company is happy with me working from Argentina for a few months so that’s not an issue, I just don’t want to run afoul of the rules nor raise any red flags with migraciones

I figured it would be cheaper and quicker - I paid $60 for my EZE to Microcentro transfer and soon realised that was pretty overpriced. Also, when trying to return to EZE on my flight back, many Ubers wouldn’t accept the ride ...
It is about 17 dollars at the current blue rate.

And when you are going to Ezeiza, it is better to call a taxi, then trying to catch it on a street. At least then you will have the same expectations from the start.

You could be the pioneer. I don't think anyone has actually gotten one of these.

I read a few experiences on people obtaining it, including a very detailed one lately. It's just too much paperwork as usual but it works, apparently. You get a CUIL and a precaria and can open a bank account, apparently. You get 6 months which can be extended for an extra 6.

I agree it's probably too much of a hassle for 3 weeks.

I read a few experiences on people obtaining it, including a very detailed one lately. It's just too much paperwork as usual but it works, apparently. You get a CUIL and a precaria and can open a bank account, apparently. You get 6 months which can be extended for an extra 6.

I agree it's probably too much of a hassle for 3 weeks.
Do you have that detailed account please?

From the online form it doesn't seem too bad IF the forms do not require translation and to be notarised.

No offence to those who keep saying it's not worth it for 3 weeks, I'd prefer to make that decision based on how difficult it is to get it.

The forum members do not know what it would mean to me and my family to spend an extra 3 weeks in Argentina with friends and family.

yeah, share those examples, because migrations pages give no indication how actually to do it. i suspect it's not even active yet.

i'm telling you this, as well as that other thread i already shared, because just about everything administrative here is a hassle. have you ever been here before? it's nice that it would be a meaningful trip, but i'm telling you what reality is.

yeah, share those examples, because migrations pages give no indication how actually to do it. i suspect it's not even active yet.

i'm telling you this, as well as that other thread i already shared, because just about everything administrative here is a hassle. have you ever been here before? it's nice that it would be a meaningful trip, but i'm telling you what reality is.

Yes, I've been 17 times

Yes, I've been 17 times
I've organised all manner of things in Argentina.

Yes, I know it will be a massive pain in the arse applying for a digital nomad visa but for various reasons it's good for me to do so.

Back