Dinner Club

PhilCharter3

Registered
Hi all,

I am looking for a venue to start a weekly dinner club to host Expats and Porteños.

I have a friend who is a qualified chef and cooks a range of great Latin American meals.

The idea would be to host evenings with 3 course meals and entertainment for a reasonable price (under 100 pesos), with guests providing their own drinks.

Please could you let me know if you have a house / terrace or community space suitable for 10-20 people with an equipped kitchen.

Obviously we would compensate you financially, ensure safety, and provide everything for the night. Added to this, it should be great fun and a nice way to meet people.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Kind regards

Phil

This seems.. risky to me.

1) Do you have any type of insurance? What happens if a guest falls and hurts himself? Would the owner/renter of the property be liable? Or what happens if something is broken or stolen? How will you compensate the property owner?

2) In pretty much all rental apts, the contract explicitly states that the premises can't be used for commercial purposes. So you really could only work with an apt owner, not anyone that rents. Important to clarify that as you don't want to be inadvertently responsible for someone getting kicked out of his/her apt or sued.

It's a nice idea but you and your friend are probably better served renting a house for yourselves and hosting it on your own property. It would probably be a lot less risk/headache in the long run.

Why is it that any time someone asks something people come and tell them how awful the idea is and yadda yadda?
He didn't ask for business advice, he asked for a venue.

Phil, how about hosting them in a hotel? Why don't you contact hotel owners in Palermo? I'm sure someone will be interested.

As some of you know I had a store called CANDYLAND in Villa Urquiza which I closed as of August 2011. However I am now back from a nice long vacation, and ready to dive into a new project. I own a small local comercial in the Congreso / Centro area of town which was rented out and my tenant finally left (another odyssey) which I wont go into detalis about. I was thinking of opening a small fiambrería / sandwich shop there. The store needs some renovations, and I am waiting for my very trusted contractor who is busy with another project to finish, so he can start working on my place.

The store has a lower level which could comfortably fit about 10 maybe 12 people (30 sq meters), with almost 3 meter high ceilings which I was thinking of using as a small meeting space / closed door dinner venue or something like that. Once it's up and running, there wouldn't be a problem of having people there since I would have liability insurance in place. I would say I am looking at a good 5 to 6 months before things are up and running, however if this interests you at all let me know.

Back