Tourist Friend Had Phone Stolen At Dinner (A Reminder)

Quilombo

Registered
As the title says, a friend visiting from abroad had their phone stolen during dinner last night.

As is the usual scam, chorro comes and tries to sell socks and shit, puts the the bag on top
of the phone the tourist has careless left on the table, you tell them to get lost, and they make off
with the phone before anyone notices.

Happened on Lavalle, near Florida Street last night.

The frustrating thing is I told them both to keep their phones out of sight as we were leaving the subte,
about an hour earlier. His wife listened, recently having her phone stolen where she lives, him, not so much.

Thankfully it wasn't a very expensive device, still, a shitty way to spend your last day in Buenos Aires.

Remember, most thefts are crimes of opportunity.

As the title says, a friend visiting from abroad had their phone stolen during dinner last night.

As is the usual scam, chorro comes and tries to sell socks and shit, puts the the bag on top
of the phone the tourist has careless left on the table, you tell them to get lost, and they make off
with the phone before anyone notices.

Happened on Lavalle, near Florida Street last night.

The frustrating thing is I told them both to keep their phones out of sight as we were leaving the subte,
about an hour earlier. His wife listened, recently having her phone stolen where she lives, him, not so much.

Thankfully it wasn't a very expensive device, still, a shitty way to spend your last day in Buenos Aires.

Remember, most thefts are crimes of opportunity.

I don't understand why vendors of that sort are allowed into restaurants in the first place.

The beggars and vendors have already made eating at a sidewalk table an ordeal, which can be hard for the restaurant to police, but to let them inside?

I don't understand why vendors of that sort are allowed into restaurants in the first place.

The beggars and vendors have already made eating at a sidewalk table an ordeal, which can be hard for the restaurant to police, but to let them inside?
They not infrequently just walk in, and are then ushered out. Beyond that you would need a big lad at the door constantly scanning the entrance with a license to manhandle. An awkward situation.

Waiters and security agents are instructed to never touch the vendors , just usher them out . Even if insulted . Pushing them or manhandle them would be a cause for a legal Lawsuit

Back