Dinner for anyone who wants to make new friends?

Kirst

Registered
I have been living in BsAs since Dec 2009, you may have seen my name on this site for organising horseback riding.

I have made incredable friends here and have been very lucky to have met the people I have! For me, it's the people that make a country and BsAs is thee best place to meet foreigners and locals who make you feel so welcome.

I admit I probably dont make as much of an effort to meet more people now because I have my fabby fun crew to hang out with. But, I am missing out if I dont and I am sure some of you feel the same way about life after a while here.

So, I am thinking of organising a night out, a dinner in a fabulous restaurant, a great place that is cheap, great food and full of locals.

I want to post this to see if anyone is interested in a fun night out to meet new people, share a few laughs over a few bottles of wine, and above all make some new friends! Whether you are new here or like me have been here for some time and loving life here!

If interested, drop an email with your private email address, I am thinking about dinner this Friday night close to Las Canitas. All details to follow! I have a crazy hilariously friend who will probably join in, she guarantees side splitting laughter!

Ciao
k

I have had some interested people already which is great! I am hoping for a group of around 15 - 20 people.

To make it easier, can you email me at
[email protected]

gracias!

sounds fun! i love las cañitas and meeting new people in general. i have a similarly hilarious friend that i'm sure would love to come too. my email address is [email protected], let me know!

We have a good group confirmed for Friday night's new friends dinner! and about 60/40 women to men.

Any more charming gentlemen out there who are new to BsAs and want to join for dinner in the company of sexy ladies, hahaha! then please email me for details.

Joking aside, it would be good to have a good mix of people and male and female split.

ps dinner details will be emailed later but it is Friday 9pm.

ciao
k

PS I have had a few emails saying there are regular meet ups on Fridays and to come to them but NOTE this isnt the same type of thing. This is simply that I want to make new friends in my own way! apologies if i have stepped on anyones toes!

Kirst said:
I have been living in BsAs since Dec 2009, you may have seen my name on this site for organising horseback riding.

I have made incredable friends here and have been very lucky to have met the people I have! For me, it's the people that make a country and BsAs is thee best place to meet foreigners and locals who make you feel so welcome.

I admit I probably dont make as much of an effort to meet more people now because I have my fabby fun crew to hang out with. But, I am missing out if I dont and I am sure some of you feel the same way about life after a while here.

So, I am thinking of organising a night out, a dinner in a fabulous restaurant, a great place that is cheap, great food and full of locals.

I want to post this to see if anyone is interested in a fun night out to meet new people, share a few laughs over a few bottles of wine, and above all make some new friends! Whether you are new here or like me have been here for some time and loving life here!

If interested, drop an email with your private email address, I am thinking about dinner this Friday night close to Las Canitas. All details to follow! I have a crazy hilariously friend who will probably join in, she guarantees side splitting laughter!

Ciao
k
K, fast question. Coming to BA to check it out late Sept. Figure 6 weeks or so to start. Having difficulty deciding which Bario to search for apt. I am an active 60 yr old living in San Francisco, ca. Palermo seemed to young and hip and ricotta too upscale. San Telmo sounds interesting. A bit more neighborhood like, cages, restaurants and some nightlife and a language school. Do you have any thoughts re San Telmo. Used to tourists so that's not an issue unless it's overwhelming. Thx so much.

Stebe

Guess I should proof mags A's spell check went with a cheese instead of a barrio:)

Hi Solution!

First of all, when choosing a neighborhood in BA you should take several aspects into consideration.
One of them is transportation, the city is huge, but the somehow called "hotspots" are located in a pretty narrow range, so it is better to make sure you are not that far away from them.
Regarding the three neighbohoods you mentioned (Palermo, Recoleta and San Telmo) they all have their pros and cons, let's start...
Palermo: Even though its widely considered a trendy, hip, neighborhood it is also the biggest neighborhood in town, so what you've probably heard of Palermo is mostly related to just part of it. Pros.: Lots of restaurants, cafes, nice atmosphere, plenty of transportation options (subway, bus, taxi, etc). Cons: It is too big of a neighborhood, so it has its nice and really safe areas and its shady areas as well, not dangerous.. just not as safe as you would expect. Kinda like in SF where you can be shopping in Union Square, then walk no more than 6 or 8 blocks to end up in the tenderloin.
Recoleta: Yes it can be a little bit more expensive (not too much), its a safe neighborhood as well (equal to a nice area of palermo), I personally dont think of it as too "upscale". Lots of medium class people, full of grocery stores, drugstores, shops... probably the easiest spot in town to live considering that you have anything you need within no more than 2 blocks distance. Cons.: some streets at night can be pretty dark, so even though its a safe area, its also a big city. Also some areas of it can be quite far from the Subway lines so transportation won't be as good as in Palermo.
San Telmo: I like to go to san telmo during weekends for a walk. Its a very picturesque neighborhood, but also quite dangerous at night. There's like a tourist friendly area very controlled by the Police, but if you move just a block away from the safe area.. its a whole different thing. During daytime is really quiet and lovely, but I would rather choose somewhere else to stay.

So to conclude, a balance between Palermo and Recoleta is what has worked out for me in the best way. I've been living for 7 years in the avenue that kind of works as the borderline between these two neighborhoods and I wouldn't change it for nothing! One of the safest areas, people from all ages walking at any time during the day or night, restaurants, shops, schools, good transportation.. perfect balance.

Allright!! I hope this helped!!

cheers!

TheBlackHand said:
I guess " Ricotta " can be pretty upscale. :D

Capital Federal as a basket of cheeses: now there's an idea!

Let me add that 'Port Salut' is very safe, very expensive but a little isolated from most activities that most visitors want to enjoy. 'Marscapone' on the other hand is not so far from the tourist centres but full of elegant but gracefully decaying old buildings and character and charm. Some worry about security but though I've never lived there, I've never felt uncomfortable on the streets.

Back