Direct buses from puerto Iguazu to Salta ?

Gusss

Registered
Hi all,
hope this is the right forum for this. Does anyone know if there is a direct bus from Puerto Iguazu to salta and if so how much it costs ? I have already phoned fletchabus and they told me there was no such service with them ..... any advice greatly appreciated,
cheers,
Gus

There's a direct service to Tucuman which is just down the road from Salta. Go to Flechabus/Andesmar (I think they are the same company now) and ask for a 'combinación' to Salta from Puerto Iguazu. You'll get ticketed through to the end of your journey but you will have to change services. No different to Greyhound etc in the States and elsewhere.

I think there is a direct flight on aerolineas for less than 200 dollars, you might consider that as well

John.St said:
Direct buses from puerto Iguazu to Salta ?

http://www.plataforma10.com/pasajeros/comprar/pasajes/servicios/index.asp

Puerto Iguazú
Salta

Add date as appropriate.

If the msg. "No hay servicios disponibles" shows up, it's usually because their server is down for service (very common late night - early morning) test with retiro to e.g. córdoba - No hay ... = server down

Actually it comes back with 'No hay servicios disponibles' for that route only, as far as I can tell. To Tucuman presents one service a day, cama and semi-cama.

I'd repeat my earlier advice: if you want to book all the way through, just contact Andesmar and ask for a combinación. If you want to book on the web, I think you will only get as far as Tucuman but there are plenty of services from Tucuman to Salta (at least one per hour throughout the day IIRC) and there are usually plenty of seats so buy your onward ticket in Tucuman.

What I don't recommend is booking the two parts as separate journeys on the web. If the first bus comes in late and you miss your connection then you'll probably have to buy another ticket. If you are ticketed through on a combinación they will simply put you on the next available bus at no extra charge.

Its weird but the prices I'm getting quoted online are considerably more than the ones I am getting quoted when i phone up and speak to people.

Gusss said:
Its weird but the prices I'm getting quoted online are considerably more than the ones I am getting quoted when i phone up and speak to people.

This does not surprise me at all: the bus industry has hardly made any real attempt to move into the internet age and their real aim is to win business when the vast majority of their customers are people who don't and can't book things on line. Many bus websites don't have an ordering facility and those that do may well not accept your particular card details.

However this is not altogether a bad thing: the bus companies know their customers and provide for them and if you can fall in with the rhythmn of doing business with them it will work for you too.

Back