Any alternative to Google maps for local directions?

mkub3905

Registered
I've been told multiple times, and fully agree: the Google Maps App (iPhone) does not work in ARG (at best, it 'might' (maybe) (sometimes); it is certainly unreliable: Turn LEFT, except when it means to say RIGHT; "the spot you are standing at does not exist"; "you can't get there from here"; I've seen them all...LMO)

-> What is the map / directions app of choice in ARG (or at least in CABA) ?

with much appreciation and thanks in advance,
m.

I've been told multiple times, and fully agree: the Google Maps App (iPhone) does not work in ARG (at best, it 'might' (maybe) (sometimes); it is certainly unreliable: Turn LEFT, except when it means to say RIGHT; "the spot you are standing at does not exist"; "you can't get there from here"; I've seen them all...LMO)

m.
Not sure if you are a fast walker but it usually can't keep up doing a local stroll type walk and it seems to work better...no joke...I find checking the route in advance helps on google maps if know where you plan to go and then going into a shop to check if you have the "I'm lost" scenario

I use maps.me as well. You don't need a data connection, it can work offline. My main problem with Google Maps isn't so much the bad routing (could we just minimize the turns please?) but the way it drains my iPhone battery at 1% per minute. I don't know what it's doing, but being Google it's likely uploading information it shouldn't be accessing :rolleyes: I've promised myself several times to change to Apple Maps, eventually Google will do something so stupid I'll dump it.

m.
I suspected that the Google AI was trying to kill me when it used to always find a way to route me through the nastiest favela for miles around in Brazil. Lately Google maps has consistently confused left and right for me as well in Argentina. Now it isn't just my paranoia.

I switched to Waze and am much happier.

Google maps works fine offline. Just download the area of interest.
Yes, true. Though also you must turn off your cell data to save battery because of the constant internet needs of gmaps. Google maps needs a offline mode switch, to avoid needing to turn off data on the Phone.

Back