Direct Express Benefit Card

Nancyelena

Registered
Hi! I need help! I receive my social security benefits through Direct Express card, does anybody know a specific ATM maybe in SanIsidro or Martinez where I can use this card without it being rejected? I have had the card blocked twice already because the ATMrejects the card an can't get my money out! Any help will be appreciated! Nancy

During the last 4 years the only way was going to COLONIA. Now I suspect that, with the lifting of the currency controls (cepo), things will tend to get normal, (with time).
For now, go to Colonia,period.

7.3 May I use the Direct Express® card outside the United States?

— Yes. You may use your Direct Express® card outside the United States, wherever Debit MasterCard® is accepted. See question 3.1 for information about fees that apply when you withdraw cash or use your card to make purchases outside the United States. The �United States� includes the 50 states, District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and US Virgin Islands. Surcharge fees may apply when using your card at an ATM outside the United States or in a location that does not offer a large Direct Express® ATM network at this time (for example, Puerto Rico).

2.7 I have a bank account. May I sign up for the Direct Express® card?

— Yes, anyone receiving federal benefits can sign up for the card. However, if you have a bank account, please consider signing up for direct deposit. To enroll in direct deposit, call Treasury's Go Direct® helpline toll free at 1 (800) 333-1795, or visit www.GoDirect.org. You may also sign up for direct deposit through the Social Security Administration by calling toll free at 1 (800) 772-1213 (TTY users can call 1 (800) 325-0778.) or enrolling online at www.socialsecurity.gov. A third option is to sign up for direct deposit through your bank or credit union.

2.9 What if I don't like the Direct Express® card?

— You have nothing to lose by signing up for a Direct Express® card. While we believe that you will like your Direct Express® card, if you don't like it, you may close your card account at any time at no charge by calling the Customer Service Department at 1 (888) 741-1115. Before you close your Direct Express® card account, if you have a bank account you will need to separately enroll in direct deposit to avoid any delays with future payments. To enroll in direct deposit, call Treasury's Go Direct® call center toll free at 1 (800) 333-1795, or visit. www.GoDirect.org. You may also sign up for direct deposit through the Social Security Administration by calling toll free at 1 (800) 772-1213 (TTY users can call 1 (800) 325-0778) or enrolling online at www.socialsecurity.gov. A third option is to sign up for direct deposit through your bank or credit union. If you do not have a bank account you may start receiving checks for your benefit payment by contacting SSA toll free at 1 (800) 772-1213 (TTY 1 (800) 325-0778).

I read about the card, but concluded that it wasn't useful to me in Argentina where I pay for everything in cash. I have direct deposits to my credit union and use XOOM for money transfers.

If you have a bank account in the USA, enroll in direct deposit. Otherwise, finding an ATM for withdrawals may be difficult and costly.

Back