Discover Country Living -- One Week At A Time In Pampanea!

steveinbsas

Registered
If you are looking for a place to get away from the city and experience a very different side of life in Argentina than that of Ciudad Buenos Aires, I suggest you try a week in pampeana, in the south of la Provincia de Buenos Aires. The best months to visit are November through April.

I have a three bedroom home that includes a "mini-suite" in the front of the house. There is a queen bed and DirecTV in the bedroom. There is very good internet access with a wireless modem or your cell phone. The property has the look and feel of a mini estancia on one hectare, but I do not have horses. There are a number of places (such as Pehuen Co on the coast and las sierras de la ventana) that are ideal for day trips.

This is an ideal place to read, write, paint, walk, ride a bike (I have a good one), and enjoy nature, sunshine and fresh air. If you are a avid photographer, there is a great deal on which to focus. The house is one km from a suburban village of 1500 inhabitants and there are shops that sell just about everything. I love to cook and enjoy preparing meals and dining with my guests. The local Argentines are very friendly and I'm sure you will love them as much as I do!

Punta Alta (pop. 75,000) is 8 km from the house in one direction and Bahia Blanca (pop. 350,000) is 20 km in the other. The Bahia Blanca airport is 20 minutes from my house and so is the bus terminal. I always meet my guests upon arrival. The flight from BA takes less than 90 minutes and the bus takes about nine hours. Extended stays of up to one month are possible, but I suggest coming for a week at first. Single adults over 50 are welcome to send me a PM for additional details and photos.

Steve, what would be the minimum time to stay ?
I was thinking long weekend, two people.
Cheers.

I just received an email from a friend who didn't think I made it clear why I was inviting people to stay at my house.

She wanted to know if I was running a Bed and Breakfast

Actually, I'm not. It's really much more than that, and the "invitation" is not extended to the public. I am only posting about here on the baexpat website.

I am offering what is known as "hospitality" on home exchange websites, but I have no desire to exchange my home with others as I have no desire to travel at this time. It's nice to have a visitor in the house once in a while, preferably other foreigners who want to experience a different side of expat life.

I love to get out and about in the area, but I would never drive to places like Pehuen Co or las sierras de la ventana by myself.

I will be happy to provide additional details (including the weekly "COL") to those who send me a PM.

Back