Disposable Aluminium Containers?

syngirl

Registered
Does anyone know where I can buy them -- you know the type that come with a (usually) cardboard lid that you can take directly from freezer and put in the oven (sans lid). Would I find them at a reposteria or what? I only saw some budin pans without lids at Jumbo the other day.

Repostería or Papelera, however I haven't seen the ones with the separate lids that are white on one side and aluminum backed on the opposite side. A few times I have seen ones that come with separate plastic transparent lids, however these types of items are expensive here. Most places use shallow plastic trays for food, cover them with a sheet of annoying wax paper, and then wrap the whole deal in a huge sheet of grey paper. However lately I have seen some places use clear plastic wrap, which eliminates the need for the wax paper and the grey paper.

I'm sure I have seen them in the many repeated shops in China Town.

Yeah I'm sure they're expensive here -- look at the price of Ziplocs! I just get sick of putting everything in tuppers, then having to defrost, transfer to another dish for cooking etc (we have no microwave, so does take longer, but I haven't had one in over 15 years so I just don't really see the point).

Thanks for the tips, I'll keep an eye out.
cheers

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Expat Life 7
B Expat Life 3
Back