Divorcing In BsAs

I heard Christina has enforcing some new " divorce" laws for expedited divorce between couples. Is it true?

Spfly731 said:
Thank you all for all the help.
Oh my..... and after the divorce there is property to sell... how in God's name do I get the money back to the States?

To all expats a word of advice - do not marry in Argentina, but if you do and you buy property with your new spouse and you are putting up the money from your own funds, make sure that it is in the "Escritura", if not everything is divided 50/50 should you divorce in the future. Argie taking me on a wild ride!!!!

Even if you put it in the escritura, anything you bought while you were married is 50/50 (maybe except if the funds were inherited by you).

I was married and Argentine in Buenos Aires, then again in the U.S. and we got divorced in the U.S but not in Argentina. If I get my divorce notarized and apostilled in the U.S., is that sufficient enough to grant me a divorce here in Argentina? I've heard that I will have to either ask for a divorce based on my husband "abandoning me" since I don't have his DNI and haven't seen him in nine years or through a solicitud de Exequata, which would requiring hiring a lawyer. If the courthouse accepts my divorce paperwork from the States it would save a lot of time and lawyer's fees. http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=120976

I heard Christina has enforcing some new " divorce" laws for expedited divorce between couples. Is it true?

Back