DNI Express, Passport Express

Just to be clear … you can only get a passport if you are a citizen , not just a permanent resident with a DNI, correct ?…

there is actually a possibility( theoretical) to get a passport while being PR. I was asking about it here, but this possibility is closed for those who like to call them "expats":) you have to be from a country that has no consulate in Argentina. In the end I found lots of info from venezolanos about it, theyknow everything.

Here I'm asking about regular passport for Argentinos.

there is actually a possibility( theoretical) to get a passport while being PR. I was asking about it here, but this possibility is closed for those who like to call them "expats":) you have to be from a country that has no consulate in Argentina. In the end I found lots of info from venezolanos about it, theyknow everything.

Here I'm asking about regular passport for Argentinos.
Theoretically aka ain't gonna happen. I think this forum should be about giving people the "best practice" info not some fringe outlandish and unlikely scenarios that just create confusion and spread misinformation.

Thanks! How long it will take from CDR 25 de Mayo to make it? If I have domicilio in other province will they send it there or I can pick up at this office(25 de Mayo) ?
Normally it takes from 3 to 30 days and they deliver it by mail.

Sure, I was replying to Chris who mentioned a different problem.

First time passport applicants are hard-done by at the moment, they need to find a refundable flight to a country where a DNI isn’t sufficient to enter, with an airline that doesn’t require the passport number for the online booking, as justification for the urgent passport application. At least Avianca to Colombia seems to fit the bill.
Colombia won't be accepted, since you can use your DNI to enter Mercosur countries, as stated on the urgent passport application form: (Bolivia, Brasil, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay, Perú, Uruguay, Venezuela).

Try Cancun.

Link for the urgent passport application form: https://tramites.renaper.gob.ar/pasaporte/

Colombia won't be accepted, since you can use your DNI to enter Mercosur countries, as stated on the urgent passport application form: (Bolivia, Brasil, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay, Perú, Uruguay, Venezuela).

Try Cancun.

Link for the urgent passport application form: https://tramites.renaper.gob.ar/pasaporte/
You're right, yes, I should have corrected myself. We had seen people being rejected at the Avianca counter trying to travel to Colombia with just their DNIs.

For those who are not in a hurry to obtain their first ARG passport or get a renewal:
I chose the Renaper office located at Int. Bullrich 2, corner of Av. Libertador to renew my passport. The appointment was yesterday at 4:00pm.
I paid the $4000 fee in person with my local bank debit card. I was in and out in 15 minutes. Exceptional service provided by the staff.

Begin RENAPER renewal process at least two months in advance. Yesterday the clerk said it is currently taking 3 months to receive it.
Save the proof of the application and follow up online with your ID: https://mitramite.renaper.gob.ar/
Or contact us through our communication channels: ....Mail: [email protected], including your data, so that we can let you know the status of your procedure.

After two visits to the declared address, the Post Office redirects the document to the office where the procedure was initiated. You (or someone else designated) must always present the proof of initiation of the procedure. It is not necessary to make an appointment via Mi Argentina to pick up the passport in person.

Back