Dni Foreign Residency Criminal Rec: Fbi, Or Home State Doj?

Zorawar

Registered
I apologize in advance, as I anticipate this question has been posed frequently on this site, but I am still confused:

Can anyone tell me two things:

with regard to the criminal record report doc. for applying for DNI/residency, is an federal FBI criminal background check required, or will a state-level DOJ criminal background check from one's home state suffice; and

how recent must the report be, to be accepted by authorities, i.e., can one use a report issued in the US six months previously; how long does it take for the document's usefulness to expire? Can one use a report issued six months prior to the in-person application in Buenos Aires, for example?

Many thanks,

JMK

with regard to the criminal record report doc. for applying for DNI/residency, is an federal FBI criminal background check required, or will a state-level DOJ criminal background check from one's home state suffice; and

how recent must the report be, to be accepted by authorities, i.e., can one use a report issued in the US six months previously; how long does it take for the document's usefulness to expire? Can one use a report issued six months prior to the in-person application in Buenos Aires, for example?

If you are from the USA the criminal report MUST be issued by the FBI and it MUST be certified by the State Department.

The question about how long the report would be accepted by migraciones has been asked several times and I have yet to see a definitive answer.

The report is undoubtedly acceptable for 60 days and 90 days might be OK as well, but six months may be "pushing the envelope."

I suggest you call migraciones or go and ask in person.

Does the FBI issue the report for the last 5 years or the complete criminal history. do parking tickets, traffic tickets or a DUI from a decade or so ago hurt-showup? I read they only need 3 or 4 years cant remember exactly what i read. but was just curious about specifics.

The report is only good for 60 days. (As of nov 2014 that was the rule).

The report captures everything that you were arrested for unless you had it expunged.

I had a minor infraction that wS 18 years old. It was on there. I had forgotten about it!!!

Back