DNI Question

Lallie said:
And does employment with an Argentine company entitle me to apply for a DNI, as I have been told?

Employment with an Argentine company, if this employment is registered, entitles you to apply for a work visa. Your employer will first have to be registered at Migraciones (Immigrations), filing a copy of their by-laws, appointment of directors, tax registration and payments. Then you will be able to apply for your visa; for this you'll need a written contract with the company, your birth certificate, certificate of criminal records from the countries where you have lived for the past 5 years, and your passport. for your husband, you will need the same documents plus your marriage certificate. All documents issued abroad (except passport) must be certified and legalized by an Apostille. Then, they will have to be translated into Spanish; the translation must be done in Argentina. Some other documents are also needed, but they are obtained in Argentina.

For more detailed information you can see this link How to enter and stay in Argentina. Or just ask if you have any questions.

conifer said:
Oh boy. Where do I get started on that?

You will need your valid passport, a copy of birth certificate, a certificate of criminal records from the countries where you have lived for the past 5 years, your spouse's birth certificate, DNI and marriage certificate. All documents issued abroad must be certified and legalized with an Apostille. All documents must be translated into Spanish in Argentina. There are other documents required, but they are obtained locally.

If you apply for the visa in an Argentine consulate in the UK, you will not be required a certificate of criminal records. When applying in Argentina, I'm not so certain, and it could be required.

If you have any questions regarding the process or required documents please see this link How to enter and stay in Argentina. Or just ask.

Thanks for the info, pretty much the same as what I was told at immigration. Although I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone on the antecedentes criminales question!

conifer said:
Thanks for the info, pretty much the same as what I was told at immigration. Although I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone on the antecedentes criminales question!

Hi!
I'm in the same situation as you are and I was told that obtaining a letter from the FBI (i'm not sure what the equivelent would be in the UK?) would suffice as long as it is no older than a few months and that it did not need to be notarized as it is coming from a federal entity. You might want to check with the hague website as to what would and would not be apostilled:

http://www.hcch.net/index_en.php?act=authorities.details&aid=352

Best of luck!

conifer said:

You definitely need on from here.
I'm not sure why you would think you won't need one from the UK?

The UK is not a federal state, so if you are applying for a visa while you are in the UK, at the Argentinian Embassy, you do not need one. There seems to be some confusion as to whether you need one when you are applying from here.

Hi,
I am also applying for residency. I have spoke with a solicitor here in BsAs and he said that i need a Subject Access Check (basically a criminal record check and it also needs to have a apostille....
The process is a nightmare.
Also what is with the hostile person about "stupid" argies... Gosh!

conifer said:
The UK is not a federal state, so if you are applying for a visa while you are in the UK, at the Argentinian Embassy, you do not need one. There seems to be some confusion as to whether you need one when you are applying from here.

Here's what I found on the Argentina Embassy UK site:
"An affidavit provided on the day of the appointment, to be signed at the Consulate General, stating that the applicant has no international criminal records (for applicants 16 years old and over)."
http://www.argentine-embassy-uk.org/version ingles/information/indefinitevisa.html

But that's when you apply in the UK. Have you been to the UK embassy here?

blackburn said:
hahahaha silly cow marrrrrrrrrrrrrrying an Argie.....mustbe hard up
why don't yer husband know all about this???????????????? Its incredible that you ask people from other countries for advice when you esposo is Argentino....is he stupid or just not bothered...ask stevey..he has all the ansewrs....suerte

Thanks for the recommendation, BB.

(Not that your advice or judgment is worth anything.)

As conifer posted in response:

conifer said:
First off, I'm a man and I married a woman. Second, what mini said. How many Argentines have dealt with immigrating here? Why so hostile?

I think the hostility might have been fueled by alcohol...

And a desire to be right in spite of the odds against it.

As I previously posted, go to this page:

http://www.travelsur.net/forum/messages/4/1736.html

and scroll down to the posts made by Carmen Stigliano on March 26 and 27, 2007.

steveinbsas said:
Thanks for the recommendation, BB.

(Not that your advice or judgment is worth anything.)

As conifer posted in response:

I think the hostility might have been fueled by alcohol...

And a desire to be right in spite of the odds against it.

As I previously posted, go to this page:

http://www.travelsur.net/forum/messages/4/1736.html

and scroll down to the posts made by Carmen Stigliano on March 26 and 27, 2007.
Carmen oes good work and is well worth speaking to. And her fees are very reasonable.

Back