DNI renewal

chop

Registered
Anyone know ifi it's possible for foreigners to renew their DNIs at the CDRs (Centros de Documentacion Rapidas)?

Actually you are renewing your visa, not your DNI and it must be done at migraciones. You need to demonstrate that you still qualify for temporary residency just as you did when your visa was first granted. You won't need a new criminal report from your home country, but you will need to show proof of income for the visa pensionado or financero, enrollment in a recognized university for a student visa, or proof of continuing employment for a work visa, etc. You will also need a new penales antecedents in Argentina. And take copies of every page of your passport as well as your DNI. You can renew up to sixty days in advance. There is a 30 grace period if you renew after the expiration date but the fee will than be $900 pesos instead of $600. Be sure that any new documents you submit are less than 60 days old.

Its time to renew my work visa...Steve do you know if what you said above is still valid? Things change so quickly here. Do the passport copies need to be translate/apostilled?? And do I have to pay the 600 ARS again at Migraciones? For proof of continuing employment I assume recent recibos de sueldo would work? Or do I need another contract...Thanks for any help!

You don't need to have the photocopies of your passport translated or have the apostille for them. You will need a new penales antecedentes and also have to pay $600 pesos. I believe you will need a new work contract as well. Search renewing work visa here (in the forum) and visit the migraciones web site: http://www.migracion...dni_extranjeros

Back