DNI/ Work visa

hairbyrichard

Registered
Hello everyone. I am wondering if you receive a work visa and dni, is the dni yours to keep? Or does the dni "expire" if you leave the job? Is there a way to keep the dni? What if you start a new job or school?
Thanks!!

you have to renewal every year for 3 years. If you lose the job and you have some bad luck and they make and inpection and you are not there, then you are going to have issues.
Having dni and legal work you should apply for citizenship and you don t even need a lawyer. Regards

Can one apply for a permanent residency here without a job ? What are the requirements for a permanent visa or where are they set out?

alpac said:
Can one apply for a permanent residency here without a job ? What are the requirements for a permanent visa or where are they set out?

Click on search and go to advanced search.

Enter the words permanent residency in the box on the left and search titles only (use the drop down menu).

You will find eleven threads with permanent residency in the title...including:

Permanent Residency...after having Temporary Residency, what are the documents reqrd?

Permanent residency requires three years of temporary residency.

Temporary residency (a visa) is also required to (legally) work.

You can use the search engine to research that, too.

There are also several threads about Argentine citizenship for foreigners.

What happens if you want to register yourself over here as a freelancer? Do I first need to go to AFIP to get a tax number and then use that number instead of the contract they are asking for?

As of course in this case nobody is going to contract me, as I work for myself.

Does anybody has experience with requesting a work visa while being a freelancer?

Tessii said:
What happens if you want to register yourself over here as a freelancer? Do I first need to go to AFIP to get a tax number and then use that number instead of the contract they are asking for?

As of course in this case nobody is going to contract me, as I work for myself.

Does anybody has experience with requesting a work visa while being a freelancer?

You cannot get a work visa as a free lancer.

You cannot get a tax number from AFIP as a freelancer.

Without a tax number you cannot issue legal facturas (invoices).

You can only do whatever it is you do en negro and your clients will have to be willing to pay you en negro.

After doing this for a year you can start the process of becoming a citizen...and completely bypass migraciones.

steveinbsas said:
You cannot get a work visa as a free lancer.

You cannot get a tax number from AFIP as a freelancer.

Without a tax number you cannot issue legal facturas (invoices).

You can only do whatever it is you do en negro and your clients will have to be willing to pay you en negro.

After doing this for a year you can start the process of becoming a citizen...and completely bypass migraciones.

I'm still not entirely clear on the AFIP tax implications of being a permatourist with 100% of his income received outside Argentina, and deposited into a foreign bank account. I imagine I would still be considered a tax resident and expect to pay some tax?

Back