DNI

Are you saying "Permanent" residency, as in I renewed my temporary residency 2+ times and then was given permanent residency? Or what you call permanent was document you receive after receiving notice of the "Resueldo" where you're confirmed to have a one year temporary residency?
I don't know about your concrete situation. You can PM me for further details, I'll gladly share what I know.

I guess I found the answer to my question: if I go to Migraciones website and go to Residencia/Segui el estado de tu trámite and put in my file number and date of birth, it says "Estado: en tramite."

Thanks Artisans for these posts, especially for those of us like you who are also waiting for our DNI. When you say number de tramite are you talking about what follows, something I received from Migraciones :En fecha 20/06/2019 el Sr./Sra. (my name) ha registrado su solicitud de trámite de residencia bajo el número de orden: (then a 6 digit number here). I ask because when I click on that link and put in my numero de tramite it tells me "No se encontraron resultados." Does that just mean that they have not finished processing my new DNI and Correo Argentino doesn't have it yet, or am I putting in the wrong number? Thanks, again.
No Stan, what you have is your case file number with Migraciones. Nothing to do with your DNI as far as I know. And, if your date is accurate, you've applied for residency 3 months ago. With their current backlog, I wouldn't count on getting it approved before another 2-3 months. I have only done my wife's case so I can't say for a fact that no DNI is issued to a precaria holder. In her case, DNI was issued upon approval of her permanent residency.

I guess I found the answer to my question: if I go to Migraciones website and go to Residencia/Segui el estado de tu trámite and put in my file number and date of birth, it says "Estado: en tramite."
It means your residency case is being processed.

Thanks Artisans for these posts, especially for those of us like you who are also waiting for our DNI. When you say number de tramite are you talking about what follows, something I received from Migraciones :En fecha 20/06/2019 el Sr./Sra. (my name) ha registrado su solicitud de trámite de residencia bajo el número de orden: (then a 6 digit number here). I ask because when I click on that link and put in my numero de tramite it tells me "No se encontraron resultados." Does that just mean that they have not finished processing my new DNI and Correo Argentino doesn't have it yet, or am I putting in the wrong number? Thanks, again.
Greetings, we continue on the bid to escape the blind alleys, eventually. I remember at one point that I had something similar to what you're describing - a Tramite number and entered it as you have in a gob.ar webpage. I got the same result.
The tramite number I've referred to is one that I received from a guy behind the computer station at 468 Jujuy on my 3rd or 4th trip to that location - they are supposed to be able to see the status of your DNI. My early visits there they saw nothing in their computer but finally on the last visit there the guy gave me a slip of pre-printed paper with the Reclamos Call Center number, a space for DNI number, a space for Negative number and a space for ID Tramite. He filled in the Negative number and the ID Tramite. My guess is that I was supposed to contact the Reclamos Call Center and give them those numbers. I must of called the Reclamos Call Center Number over 15 times and each time - computer voice/forwarded call - phone rings about 9 or 10 times/ call is dropped. So I gave up on that avenue until this morning I was following a clue and ended up as indicated on the gob.ar website, with a link to Correo Argentino. As you now know their page says to enter your Tramite number. I entered the Tramite number I got from 468 Jujuy and voila! it worked. Mind you the results showed the first date "Ingreso al Correo" as 12 September. So no idea if entered earlier it would of given a "No se encontraron resultados" or not. The Tramite number I used is 9 digits and the search result gave a tracking number started with TC - 9 digits - AR.
Again, a guess, but the Numero Negativo may have something to do with Anses. Talking elsewhere about health care with a guy he said they had to get from or for Anses, a negative number as part of their application. For what that's worth.

No Stan, what you have is your case file number with Migraciones. Nothing to do with your DNI as far as I know. And, if your date is accurate, you've applied for residency 3 months ago. With their current backlog, I wouldn't count on getting it approved before another 2-3 months. I have only done my wife's case so I can't say for a fact that no DNI is issued to a precaria holder. In her case, DNI was issued upon approval of her permanent residency.
How do you know if you residency has been approved other than the fact that you have gotten a new DNI? Did you find that on the migraciones link I mentioned Segui tu trámite? You say "no DNI is issued to a precaria holder" but don't you just go straight from a precaria to a new DNI? In the past I've never gotten anything saying my residency had been approved; I would just get a new DNI.

How do you know if you residency has been approved other than the fact that you have gotten a new DNI? Did you find that on the migraciones link I mentioned Segui tu trámite? You say "no DNI is issued to a precaria holder" but don't you just go straight from a precaria to a new DNI? In the past I've never gotten anything saying my residency had been approved; I would just get a new DNI.
My wife received a notice that her permanent residence had been approved (it was an attachment on the Migraciones website "Segui tu trámite"). Only then her DNI was issued. This is the only experience I have with Migraciones since I am Argentine-American so I had Argentine citizenship to begin with. So maybe some precaria cases do get a DNI. In her case, we applied for a permanent one from day one.

Took me 8 months in country to get my DNI. It expires in 3 months. Good luck getting it from another country.

Back