Do Argentine companies offer paperless billing?

ElLatingo

Registered
I'd love to cut down on the amount of paper bills I get every month, but for the life of me I can't seem to find information anywhere about getting PDF bills (instead of paper bills) from my utilities (Edenor, Telecom, AySa, Metrogas, etc.).

Does anyone know if the major utilities here offer paperless billing?

Thanks

Never seen that option here with any of my utilities or even the bank.

ElLatingo,

Why don't you check their websites? Some companies allow to see/download bills or send them to you by email.

You can also take a look at Pago sin factura service by PapiPago.

I've never seen it, and I really don't expect them to start doing that. Most people have to take their paper bills to Pagofacil or Rapipago. How can they do that without any paper bills?

igor said:
ElLatingo,

Why don't you check their websites? Some companies allow to see/download bills or send them to you by email.

You can also take a look at Pago sin factura service by PapiPago.

Thanks, Igor. I have autopay with my bank and getting a straight answer from them regarding paperless billing seems to be pretty difficult. I'll check out the site you sent. Appreciate it.

va2ba said:
I've never seen it, and I really don't expect them to start doing that. Most people have to take their paper bills to Pagofacil or Rapipago. How can they do that without any paper bills?

Paperless billing, at least in the U.S., is completely optional, so if you want to keep receiving paper bills you just don't opt-in for the paperless service. I assume that's how it'd work here.

no, assumptions seldom prove true here.

every utility is different, but most will only send you a copy of your paper bill if you ask each time.

Paying online is complicated- there are at least 3 different ways to pay online- with a credit card from a paper bill, from a bank account each time, or, the mythical "debito automatico", where its automatically debited from your bank account each month.

But every utility, again, is different, some will only do one or another of these, some will take both LINK and Banelco, some only one or the other.

If you have a local bank account, you can pay some from it- theoretically, but sometimes its easier than other times. Expect 2, or 3, different codigos and claves, expect that some will only let you pay online if you have the number of the factura, and on and on.

Its possible, but not easy.

A great example of this is the RapiPago link Igor posted- it takes you to ONE, entirely static page, which does not, in fact allow you to pay anything online- instead, it tells you the phone number you must call...

Ries said:
Paying online is complicated- there are at least 3 different ways to pay online-

Paying online is easy. If you are confused about options, stick to one of them.

PagoMisCuentas is more advanced than any US bank billpay system that I've seen.

Yeah, I use PagoMisCuentas and I've found it to be relatively reliable. I have to say that the setup was a p.i.a. and required a few trips to the bank (and ABL is being a problem child), but the debits do seem to come out without much issue.

Since I have the auto-debit I posted this question (re: paperless billing) because I thought it'd be the next "logical" step.

Back