Do I need to think about inflation even if I live with USD from overseas rental income

Butterpopcorn

Registered
If I live in buenos aires or other cities,I will try to live with USD and I exchange ARS one time in few days. I will get rental income and it is foreign currency(maybe USD).
need I still worry about inflation a lot?

And Does shop allow to pay USD?

I've been here for 9 years. During that time my gym membership has gone as high as $40usd/month. Currently it's $20. A cab ride home from downtown has gone as high as $9. Currently it's $3.
Two things to for you to think about ... if you get a debit card from Schwab Bank you can use atms without a fee. That can save you 5% of all the money you spend here.
Also many imported products are heavily taxed so it's wise to plan your purchases of things like computers or smart phones for when you will be in places like Miami.

.. if you get a debit card from Schwab Bank you can use atms without a fee. That can save you 5% of all the money you spend here.

I believe one must be a legal US resident to open a Charles Schwab checking account and it is necessary to open a Schwab brokerage account to do that. Nonetheless, I don't think you have to be a US resident to open the brokerage account.

If you can send money from Korea to an Argentine bank account using Transferwise you won´t pay ATM fees in Argentina as long as you withdraw funds from the same bank as your account (regardless of the sucursal).

And with an Argentine debit card you will be able to access your funds pesos at no charge at many businesses including major grocery stores and YPF gas stations when you make a small purchase.

PS: If you use Transferwise you won't have to change your dollars to pesos in Argentina. That will happen during the transfer.

prices will go up but you will at least be better protected with the foreign currency income.

don't pay with your dollars either unless you really need to. pay with pesos.

Hopefully the peso will devalue more than the local rate of inflation to keep you above water...!!

Sure and millions of Argentines will suffer.

A reply should be realistic and factual.
On the other hand the Argentino workers that are Unionized like Bancarios and Camioneros and Gastronomicos, etc. get adjustments to cover for inflation... and sometimes more..!

If I live in buenos aires or other cities,I will try to live with USD and I exchange ARS one time in few days. I will get rental income and it is foreign currency(maybe USD).
need I still worry about inflation a lot?

It depends on how much the exchange rate rises relative to inflation.
In CFK’s time, the ‘blue’ rate roughly paralleled inflation. It meant that if you had USD cash and had no problems exchanging it on the street, your real inflation was close to zero.
With Macri you had a situation of the dollar being held down while inflation continued unabated. Thus it began to affect people living in USD as well.

And Does shop allow to pay USD?

Some do, but usually at a pretty bad rate.
Much more worth your while to exchange USD for pesos as needed.

It depends on how much the exchange rate rises relative to inflation.
In CFK’s time, the ‘blue’ rate roughly paralleled inflation. It meant that if you had USD cash and had no problems exchanging it on the street, your real inflation was close to zero.
With Macri you had a situation of the dollar being held down while inflation continued unabated. Thus it began to affect people living in USD as well.

Ben as usual is clueless.
I already live to big crisis in this country so, what is going to happen is that prices in usd are going to fall. Simple.

Back