Do people returning to Argentina have to self quarantine 14 days

Fiscal

Registered
In their home? For instance if I can get on a repatriation flight, somehow, would I have to remain inside my home 14 days? How would I get food? Rappi works?

Yes, if you are coming from abroad you have to be in full quarantine for 14 days
Some people get help from relatives, building super, Rappi etc will leave the order if you pay with credit card, you are not supposed to interact with them.

It is mandatory. If you don't do it, people will report you to the authorities. You might even be placed at a hotel during the quarantine, assigned by the City.

Last edited:
I did mandatory quarantine when I returned early from Europe in mid-March. It became mandatory the day I arrived..

You cannot leave your apartment (or room if you share a household) I just let the doorman know that I was in quarantine and he made sure all deliveries were left outside my door. Most neighbors volunteered their help too via our building whatsapp group. I definitely felt watched. Rappi works. Only thing that was a bit difficult was supermarket delivery due to wait times of up to a week for a delivery slot. At that time there were a lot of shortages so getting what I ordered was hard - not really an issue now.

For the past weeks however, all repatriation arrivals are being loaded into buses at the airport and going straight into quarantine hotels based on where they live... meaning no leaving the (basic) hotel room and making do with (terrible) catering... I think I would rather stay away than endure that!

Other thing to consider before returning is how long you are willing to be "trapped" here. Word is that borders are likely to remain closed to most countries until end of year or thereabouts. Repatriation flights are drying up.

It is mandatory. If you don't do it, people will report you to the authorities. You might even be placed at a hotel during the quarantine, assigned by the City.
How do you eat? Buy diapers?

I know someone (Argentine) who was sent to a bad hotel and given terrible food. Said the staff were helpful however. It is not clear to me if you MUST go to a hotel or if you are allowed to go to your home. I guess no-one really knows but I wonder how long this will go on - until there is a vaccine? Or what if someone comes back having done the test showing a negative result?

I just got news no incoming flights until at least May 10th for citizens and permanent residents. They are prioritising elderly and sick on these repatriation flights however there are hardly any. This is a great plan, they just need to keep their own citizens stranded somewhere else until a vaccine arrives which will be 2 years away. The embassies are responding to all the calls and being very helpful as you would expect... What paradise - Argentina showing the world what it thinks of its own people in tough times. Sorry to say but I can see why they were not very successful in previous battles treating their own like this.

Back