Do the Chinese send their junk to Argentina?

You are not correct on the way trade works.

Argentina HAS dollars to spend because it has a POSITIVE balance of payments. goods are sold internationally in dollars - the currency of international trade. so they COULD import more - they have chosen NOT to import more. they want the little shoemaker to have a job in Argentina - and not the shoemaker in China. the reason no products are here is because of IMPORT duties. Argentina is protecting the industries in Argentina.

http://www.blx.com/paginasInfoLatam.aspx?PAG_ID=21&CAT_ID=5

Hey! Computers are ok in BA. Maybe American companies take more on profits when selling a PC than my preferred store in Galeria Jardin (one of dozens there).

No, in fact the computers sold here are second quality. My mother´s husband is a wholesaler and I know very well how the industry works here. That´s why they have good prices.

Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
No, in fact the computers sold here are second quality. My mother´s husband is a wholesaler and I know very well how the industry works here. That´s why they have good prices.

Regards

You mean they have good prices for computers/notebooks and such sold in Argentina? Wholesalers or customers?

Bajo_cero2 said:
I mean that prices aren´t so high because they buy second quality.

I find this odd since a computer is made of :
- a motherboard
- a processor
- peripherals

Do you imply that Pentium processors and/or motherboards/placa madres are not the same quality here?

French jurist said:
I find this odd since a computer is made of :
- a motherboard
- a processor
- peripherals

Do you imply that Pentium processors and/or motherboards/placa madres are not the same quality here?

Precisely.
When they are tested at the factory, some of them works but they have issues. Those are sold in poor countries because they are less expensive.

I personally think that prices of computers are outrageous here, I am not sure where you shopped for yours, but when my partner had to buy one we purchased one on Ebay as the price of a netbook here was ridiculously high!

we import a lot a goods from china and are punished severely in import duties, both above and under the table.

We live in a protectionist country hence people pay a premium for everything imported.

Back