Do You Know Some Great Places Outside The Capital?

funnyk

Registered
Hi guys,
My husband and i, so sick and tired of the capital, and would like you to ask, where can we go on weekends outside the city center? maybe a quite province (Last weekend we were in Tigre, and it was amazing, would love to discover something new) What would you suggest?
Thnks.

Rosario, if you have a car it is a 3 and half hour drive. Find a hotel nr boulevard Oronio and you can't go far too wrong.

Closer by, but on the way to Rosario, San Pedro. Stay in a hotel by the lake and enjoy the local food. Believe there is an art gallery too.

Also any of the Atlantic Coast beach towns if you like walking on the beach in wintry weather, they will be pretty quiet though over winter!

What are you looking for? Activities, food, shopping?

Obviously, Uruguay, but I also like Tandil and Sierra de la Ventana, which provide relief (literally) from the monotony of the Pampas.

Rosario, if you have a car it is a 3 and half hour drive. Find a hotel nr boulevard Oronio and you can't go far too wrong.

Closer by, but on the way to Rosario, San Pedro. Stay in a hotel by the lake and enjoy the local food. Believe there is an art gallery too.

Also any of the Atlantic Coast beach towns if you like walking on the beach in wintry weather, they will be pretty quiet though over winter!

What are you looking for? Activities, food, shopping?

mostly activities,places to visit, also we love to take pictures, and to eat a different food besides empanadas, pizza and so on )

mostly activities,places to visit, also we love to take pictures, and to eat a different food besides empanadas, pizza and so on )

Well, the food is more or less the same everywhere. There are a few regional differences but not much! Try the seaside towns on the coast and San Pedro.

There are many threads here with suggestions, definitely have a look using the Search function.

You might want to consider renting a nice house with a pool in Ezeiza. It's quiet and lots of green. It's a cheap option for a quick getaway.

My least favorite thing about BsAs is that you need to travel 3-5 hours to get anywhere very interesting (don´t get me wrong, I love Tigre and some nearby towns). Argentina has a lot of great destinations but they involve a lot of travel time, in New York or Santiago de Chile you can go to the beach/mountains within an hour or two. You´re stuck in this pampa and it takes a long time to get out.
If you want new food your best bet is Capital, tons of Peruvian places have opened up. Yummy. If you go to Uruguay or Tandil you will just be eating fresher empanadas.

My least favorite thing about BsAs is that you need to travel 3-5 hours to get anywhere very interesting (don´t get me wrong, I love Tigre and some nearby towns). Argentina has a lot of great destinations but they involve a lot of travel time, in New York or Santiago de Chile you can go to the beach/mountains within an hour or two. You´re stuck in this pampa and it takes a long time to get out.
If you want new food your best bet is Capital, tons of Peruvian places have opened up. Yummy. If you go to Uruguay or Tandil you will just be eating fresher empanadas.

Peruvian food is the continent's best, but in Buenos Aires you need to insist on the proper spices - restaurants think (rightly) that most Porteños can't handle it. Status on Virrey Cevallos in Congreso is a bargain value for Peruvian food, Bardot in Palermo is more upscale, but there are many other deserving places.

I've probably eaten at status at least 50 times. When I first moved here I ate there 3-4 a week. Excellent food at a great price.

I've probably eaten at status at least 50 times. When I first moved here I ate there 3-4 a week. Excellent food at a great price.

Status is not premium Peruvian food, but I'm never hesitant to go back - I'd say quality Peruvian home cooking.

Back