Doctor Recommendation

Khilljr

Registered
Hi there,

My wife and I moved here to BA in December and so far my only medical visit has been to the hospital for quick diagnosis.

I just joined one of the athletic clubs in Belgrano and they require a doctor's note before I can use the weight machines, but we don't have a primary care doctor. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good english speaking primary care physician?

Thanks!

Kim

I never understood this. it's stupid in my opinion to need approval to work out.

Seems like a minor inconvenience once I find a doctor, lol. I just signed up for the Hospital Aleman and will hope we understand each other well enough, my spanish is not good.

Yes, gyms here generally require an "apto fisico", which includes an ECG. I'd just google cardiologists in your area.

Also, I don't believe that the same concept of a primary care physician ("medico de cabecera") really exists in Argentina, generally you contact who you think would be an appropriate doctor for your condition via the insurance company's list of doctors.

Yes, gyms here generally require an "apto fisico", which includes an ECG. I'd just google cardiologists in your area.

Also, I don't believe that the same concept of a primary care physician ("medico de cabecera") really exists in Argentina, generally you contact who you think would be an appropriate doctor for your condition via the insurance company's list of doctors.
Thanks for this, I saw on the Hospital Aleman website they had the Apto Fisico Cardiologico Simple and thought that would be it. I'll try that!

Some gyms like sports club in their Nuñez branch have a doctor on site to do exams. It’s less than 5 minutes

Some gyms like sports club in their Nuñez branch have a doctor on site to do exams. It’s less than 5 minutes
I heard that yesterday from a friend here too. I already made an appointment at Aleman. Took about an hour, the process for making appointments there is pretty easy once you get registered.

Back